Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Contender
2E  National Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
I have a question in the timing of Pulaski’s ability.

“When any number of your personnel present are about to be killed by a dilemma, you may shuffle each of those personnel into your deck instead.”

So let’s say a dilemma is supposed to kill a personnel and there is Tragic Turn on the mission. Does the kill trigger Tragic Turn if this ability is used?

Based on the definition of instead, I think the kill is triggered and her ability just means the personnel is put into the deck and not the discard pile, however, not 100% certain on the timing with this.

Thanks in advance.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Psionic Hobo wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:51 pm Based on the definition of instead, I think the kill is triggered and her ability just means the personnel is put into the deck and not the discard pile, however, not 100% certain on the timing with this.
I believe the reasoning is, that the personnel is not actually killed. Pulaski removes the target before the kill, so TT does not trigger.

Rick

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
T-Ricks wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:07 pm
Psionic Hobo wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:51 pm Based on the definition of instead, I think the kill is triggered and her ability just means the personnel is put into the deck and not the discard pile, however, not 100% certain on the timing with this.
I believe the reasoning is, that the personnel is not actually killed. Pulaski removes the target before the kill, so TT does not trigger.

Rick
Correct. The "instead" definition in the rulebook pertains specifically to dilemma text, so it wouldn't apply to Pulaski's ability.

Pulaski replaces the kill with the shuffle in effect, so Tragic Turn would *NOT* trigger.
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]