Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through Since we are over the hump, let's look at a question!

Last Week: Build around a character (but not Kira)
12-16-21 Hall of the Future
12-8-21 An Unretirement Party
12-1-21 Difficulty Setting
11-24-21 How Wild is Your Play Style
Week of 11-15-21: The Magic of Trek: Blue Green Red Black and White
11-10-21 Rank the Interaction Block
11-3-21 What did Caretaker miss?
10-27-21 Just Clownin' Around
10-20-21 Favorite Main in Caretaker
10-13-21 Best Part of Caretaker
10-6-21 Interaction? Series?
9-29-21 Favorite Voyager Main
9-22-21 Devouring a set
9-15-21 Recommend a 'beyond-starter' deck
9-8-21 Justify Your Existence!
9-1-21 Civilian, Justice & Shackelton
8-25-21 What affiliation/faction have you played the least?
8-18-21Ross is Rong 2019 Edition
8-11-21 What personnel do you want?
8-4/21High Cost Dilemma Promo Vote
7-28-21 Kill a deck
7-21-21 Let's get person(el)l
7-14-21 MCU Draft
7-7-21 Let's Get Dangerous (Missions)
6-30-21 Episode Untouched by Human Hands
6-23-21 More Keywords? More keywords!
6-16-21 We Want You as the New Recruit
6-9-2 1Most Underrated Personnel
6-2-21 Pop-Up Edition!
5-26/21A Protected Voyage
5/19/21: Mission ... Unknown!
5-12-21: Favorite theme from Heroes and Demons
5-5-21: Most Favoritist Errata Ever (May 2021)
4-28-21: Region(al) love
4-20-21: Shiny New Toy!
4-13-21: Mission: The Good, the bad and the powerful
4-6-21Change this Dilemma now!
3-31-21Which affiliation should get an HQ next?
3-24-21What keyword needs some love?:
3-17-21Which are your favorite and least favorite keywords?
3-10-21 Where can you play Trellium-D?
3-3-21Balance Team Focus
2-24-21Ding Marry Kill: Apocalypse Rising
2-17-21Cardassia Prime: Subjugated Planet Survey

As the year draws to a close, it is time for retrospection. A time to look deep inside yourself and grow for the upcoming year.

It is also a time for top ten lists. Or top eighteen lists. or top five lists. Or top whatever lists.

This week, I want your top list of cards released in 2021, but there is a catch; I only want one item on the list. Think gameplay. Think rules. Think creative. What is your favorite overall card released this year? Note that if a card gets a new version this year, it does not count. This would leave us with cards in Shore Leave, Heroes & Demons and Caretaker.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Not sure I totally followed this but I'll give it a try:

Top 1 broken deck enabler card of 2021:

Devos II, Secure Son'a Outpost

35 points.
All Jem'Hadar Skills.
Strength mission.
>32 attribute requirement.
You get a cookie for solving it.

Need I say more?

Yes? Ok... Pair it with the already absurd Survey New World and the very convenient 2-span Provoke Interstellar Incident and boom. Easiest mission set ever.

Add Crom to taste and it just becomes more absurd.

And the worst part? It was avoidable. I popped a flare on this one when it was still in development. Here's what I wrote:
>32 requirement, 35 points AND hits the opponent for 4 cards?! One of those things needs adjusted. I recommend 30 points or Strength>36 minimum to pay for that ability. As is, it's overpowered.
This is the response I got back:
Devos II - This is the other untested Briar card. The argument against it being too easy is it's 5-skills instead of the normal 4 for 35, they're top-deck discards which aren't very impactful without a dedicated milling strategy to back it up, and the effect can be shut off (though leaving a ship here is a lot to ask of some decks). I'm personally agnostic on the mission... [remainder of quote omitted to preserve anonymity].
Obviously there was basically no change made to the "untested" card between the time I popped the flare and the time the set dropped, which was almost a full four months. Maybe it got tested at some point in that time? But if it did, nobody saw any reason to change anything.

This card is one big reason why when Jared Hoffman reached out to me to help him with his 2021 Worlds deck, my first piece of advice to him was to trot out NeuNeuDominion.

This card is gonna be with us for awhile, but I'm hoping during the Hall of Fame nominations kicking off in a few days, people nominate a few (or more than a few) [Dom] cards... there's definitely some gold jacket-worthy selections to be had.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Armus wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:57 pm
I'm personally agnostic on the mission... [remainder of quote omitted to preserve anonymity].

It's a shame you preserved their anonymity - I'm genuinely curious as to how their religious beliefs came into play w/r/t this mission.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I think dilemmas won this year. There are some good ones out these in these new sets. I especially think More of Gravy Than Grave will start seeing more use in the coming months.

Honorable mentions:
Piratical Boarders is going to fuel some nastiness soon. I haven’t broken it yet, but someone will.

The Clown: Fear Incarnate will also start to see more love as more people hold tournaments again.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:57 pm Not sure I totally followed this but I'll give it a try:

Top 1 broken deck enabler card of 2021:

Devos II, Secure Son'a Outpost

35 points.
All Jem'Hadar Skills.
Strength mission.
>32 attribute requirement.
You get a cookie for solving it.

Need I say more?

Yes? Ok... Pair it with the already absurd Survey New World and the very convenient 2-span Provoke Interstellar Incident and boom. Easiest mission set ever.

Add Crom to taste and it just becomes more absurd.

And the worst part? It was avoidable. I popped a flare on this one when it was still in development. Here's what I wrote:
>32 requirement, 35 points AND hits the opponent for 4 cards?! One of those things needs adjusted. I recommend 30 points or Strength>36 minimum to pay for that ability. As is, it's overpowered.
This is the response I got back:
Devos II - This is the other untested Briar card. The argument against it being too easy is it's 5-skills instead of the normal 4 for 35, they're top-deck discards which aren't very impactful without a dedicated milling strategy to back it up, and the effect can be shut off (though leaving a ship here is a lot to ask of some decks). I'm personally agnostic on the mission... [remainder of quote omitted to preserve anonymity].
Obviously there was basically no change made to the "untested" card between the time I popped the flare and the time the set dropped, which was almost a full four months. Maybe it got tested at some point in that time? But if it did, nobody saw any reason to change anything.

This card is one big reason why when Jared Hoffman reached out to me to help him with his 2021 Worlds deck, my first piece of advice to him was to trot out NeuNeuDominion.

This card is gonna be with us for awhile, but I'm hoping during the Hall of Fame nominations kicking off in a few days, people nominate a few (or more than a few) [Dom] cards... there's definitely some gold jacket-worthy selections to be had.

3 of those missions in that deck should be 30 points. It's a shame no one listens when you have 5 people making CC cards and 4 people playtesting them that's what happen's. CC's Policy of keeping things to the chest hurts them more than anything in the community. [Down] [Down]

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
Out of those 3 sets, only 2 cards made it into one of my decks. So it is easy to declare my favorite: Macet. Not because of his Ability - it's his skills and attributes.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]