Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:32 pm
prylardurden, via PM wrote:Enterprise, Damaged Starship
Legacy
Ferenginar, Financial Hub
I’ve been waiting for this.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Tonight we have a special treat:

Coming to you live from Raw Deal Island, it's da Gr0up Chat 2022 HoF Nomination Show!

With a special guest appearance by Maggie Geppert (@jadziadax8 )!

https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/play/s4x_Tb ... 1438174000

If you just want the nominations, here's what shook out:

John (@KillerB) Nominated:
Brunt, FCA Liquidator
Luther Sloan, Man of Secrets and
I.K.S. K'Vort

While BenHosp (@bhosp) Nominated:
Timescape
Assess Contamination and
Rescue Captives

I also made my nominations official with:
Ikat'Ika, Honorable Warrior
Keevan, Conniving Liar and
Bareil Antos, Esteemed Vedek

If you want the other 27 minutes of general nonsense, check out the above video!
Last edited by Armus on Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
German bathroom = Texas backyard
Nobody wants either!
Let's keep on thinking...

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
Soo... the CC validates external votes on a 2E game format by having their XO being in a KCA vid aka a vid from people that the CC explicitly decided to ostrazise from their community.
Interesting.
I find it very hard to stand behind an organisation that staggers so hard in the face of their own principles...

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
monty42 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:56 am Soo... the CC validates external votes on a 2E game format by having their XO being in a KCA vid aka a vid from people that the CC explicitly decided to ostrazise from their community.
Interesting.
I find it very hard to stand behind an organiation that staggers so hard in the face of their own principles...
The KCAs (well, most of them anyway - I'm still here) are banned from posting on the public forums and voting in official CC actions (i.e., the PoR).

None of that has anything to do with them nominating and voting in a grassroots community-driven effort like Hall of Fame, which very explicitly is *Not* governed by the CC.

The HoF format has gained popularity over the last 6 years such that the CC decided to give it formal recognition and support, but that decision to provide recognition and support doesn't mean control.

As for Maggie, I'd argue that she was doing her job as XO by engaging with the community. That's the single most important part of that job.

I meant what I said: I respect her for coming into potentially "hostile territory" and having a face to face with John and Ben.

And say what you will about John, but he's right on one point: things aren't looking great right now. We need to get more people playing Trek.

When John and Maggie are on the same page about something, there's probably some merit to it.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
Armus wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:16 am
monty42 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:56 am Soo... the CC validates external votes on a 2E game format by having their XO being in a KCA vid aka a vid from people that the CC explicitly decided to ostrazise from their community.
Interesting.
I find it very hard to stand behind an organiation that staggers so hard in the face of their own principles...
The KCAs (well, most of them anyway - I'm still here) are banned from posting on the public forums and voting in official CC actions (i.e., the PoR).

None of that has anything to do with them nominating and voting in a grassroots community-driven effort like Hall of Fame, which very explicitly is *Not* governed by the CC.

The HoF format has gained popularity over the last 6 years such that the CC decided to give it formal recognition and support, but that decision to provide recognition and support doesn't mean control.

As for Maggie, I'd argue that she was doing her job as XO by engaging with the community. That's the single most important part of that job.

I meant what I said: I respect her for coming into potentially "hostile territory" and having a face to face with John and Ben.

And say what you will about John, but he's right on one point: things aren't looking great right now. We need to get more people playing Trek.

When John and Maggie are on the same page about something, there's probably some merit to it.
There's no need to get defensive. My qualms aren't with you whatsoever. They're specifically with the governing body we all have to adhere to...

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
monty42 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:23 am
Armus wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:16 am
Interesting.

There's no need to get defensive. My qualms aren't with you whatsoever. They're specifically with the governing body we all have to adhere to...
Ok, fair enough. I'm just trying to understand your beef. Should the XO, who's job it is to do community outreach *not* engage in said outreach when it involves, for lack of a better term, undesirables?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
Well I think the XO (just as the board) should make up their mind. Either go a certain way or don't. This wishy washy stuff is just not for me.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
I wouldn't have had a problem having all the assholes on board but apparently the CC wanted all the ideas but none of the grit...
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
monty42 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:39 am apparently the CC wanted all the ideas but none of the grit...
I think it was pretty clear from that video that the KCA want something different from what these boards are. The parts of the conversation that are 2e remain in common however. Even though I enjoy "here" more than "there", 2e is 2e. I enjoyed that video and I'm glad that Maggie was there to contribute.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Interesting.
I find it very hard to stand behind an organisation that staggers so hard in the face of their own principles...
I mean the CC allows other toxic people to still be on these forums so, yeah, can agree there is a complete contradiction there that the 'KCA' people have been targetted but there are others who are still allowed on here.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fritzinger wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:08 am
monty42 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:39 am apparently the CC wanted all the ideas but none of the grit...
I think it was pretty clear from that video that the KCA want something different from what these boards are. The parts of the conversation that are 2e remain in common however. Even though I enjoy "here" more than "there", 2e is 2e. I enjoyed that video and I'm glad that Maggie was there to contribute.
Totally agree.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
My nominations:

Second, Neonatal Drone
Christening
Alpha 5 Approach, Transport Crash Survivor

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]

Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]