Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
This came up at our local on Saturday. Brave Words is great in the high span briar patch deck, but what about after you solve the span reducing mission?

My reading is that since it doesn't state "printed span", you've just made brave words much worse.

Unless there's some rule about always checking printed span in the rules?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
The mission says span is reduced by 1 and the dilemma refers to span so I read it the same way as you. It would be similar to how attribute requirements always refer to modified amount unless it specifically says printed.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Fritzinger wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:31 amMy reading is that since it doesn't state "printed span", you've just made brave words much worse.

Much worse if you're playing BW AND a Briar Patch deck (and've solved Sector 441).

Much better if you're playing BW AGAINST a Briar Patch deck (and've solved Sector 441).

Bonus: Becalmed becomes cheaper against a Briar Patch player once they've solved Sector 441 as well.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:51 pm If cost always refers to printed cost, I feel like span on Brave Words should refer to printed span.
But that's not a rule, and there are plenty of cases that look at attributes that also look at modifiers. Absent an explicit rule change, I'd put it in that bucket.

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Czech National Champion 2011
Not sure how relevant my answer might be given the current rulings, but 6 years ago Brave word did work with the printed span.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation