Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
GooeyChewie wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:31 pm Tonight's the night! And I'm excited! We already have a tournament scheduled for next week, and I'm debating between Borg Expand the Collective and Voyager Think Tank. Of course, me being me, I'll probably end up with something completely different by then. So I am switching from As to Qs!

Everybody else, what's the first thing you plan to build using something from Classification: CIVILIAN?
I'm ready to play my dual-HQ deck.

After that will probably play a Followers of Kahlesh deck. I was supposed to write an article about that, but I'm a little squished for time right now.

That's awesome! I've wanted that deck to be viable ever since Disciple Worf came out, but it's always been a delicate balance between getting the bonuses and staffing the ships.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
GooeyChewie wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:31 pm Tonight's the night! And I'm excited! We already have a tournament scheduled for next week, and I'm debating between Borg Expand the Collective and Voyager Think Tank. Of course, me being me, I'll probably end up with something completely different by then. So I am switching from As to Qs!

Everybody else, what's the first thing you plan to build using something from Classification: CIVILIAN?
*insert whatever new achievements, if any, there will be for this set*

Why am I not surprised? Unfortunately I don't know what, if any, achievements are scheduled to be added. That said, there are a couple of already-existing achievements I might chase.

Michael
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
GooeyChewie wrote: So I am switching from As to Qs!
I have one more Q for U: How was your first round with Chefs?

Chefs are fun! They like to mix up ingredients in form of cards, which is what inspired both Antarian Sector and Kassem. The former represents Neelix getting choosy about his ingredients (and allows him to use a couple of his skills for his own text). The latter represents the Soup Imperial telling you what you'll have rather than letting you pick it out. I'm honestly surprised Creative kept the Seinfeld reference from playtesting.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
How did you decide on Sim's species?

Excellent question! He started off Human, but then I got some feedback that he might be more interesting as another species. Starfleet has several cards which care about having multiple species or having non-Humans, so it worked well to have him be not Human. Memory Alpha refers to Sim as a 'mimetic simbiot,' which inspired the species name.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
GooeyChewie wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:31 pmEverybody else, what's the first thing you plan to build using something from Classification: CIVILIAN?

My gut's torn between a Smuggler/Thief deck using the incredibly coloured Pike or swapping some missions around to incorporate Antarian Sector in a 5S Voyager deck.

I do have a couple of Qs though:

1) Would you be behind errata to Chaotic Seven to add Chef. to her repertoire?

I wouldn't oppose it, but I wouldn't consider it a high priority, either.

2) You know that Manuele Atoa's a lieutenant, right?

Sure, but he's certainly not in uniform! As Ben said of Riker, when he's at the party he wants to be treated like a civilian.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Either a new ds9 rainbow deck or a new ds9 Thief deck... or a new Mars deck? We got 3 new [NA] humans.

And one of them, Cochrane, is designed to play well with Mars. They like the idea of disrupting first contact and keeping the aliens out.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Can you talk about the design process for Morphogenic Virus? Specifically, how did you land on this specific cost/effect balance?

tjark asked for an anti-Dominion dilemma specifically. At first I looked at touching on species, since that's a theme for Dominion. But they can go mono-species (all Jem'hadar) or tons of species, so the dilemma needed to hit both, which caused a lot of collateral damage with other affiliations, like Borg and DS9. So I pivoted to another Dominion theme, excluding personnel from random selections. Remata'Klan and Arak'Taral have been protecting key personnel from random selections for a long time. I looked at other dilemmas which randomly select two personnel to be stopped, like Instigate Dissention and Old Differences, to get the base cost of 4. Then I pulled in an element of Polywater Intoxication to make it both anti-micro-teaming and specifically anti-Dominion.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Danny wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:06 am 2) You know that Manuele Atoa's a lieutenant, right?
GooeyChewie wrote:Sure, but he's certainly not in uniform! As Ben said of Riker, when he's at the party he wants to be treated like a civilian.

Touché.

Why was [E] not considered as a "sub-affiliation" reporting icon for the set? Was it because the aforementioned Atao can be played at [DS9-E]?

Correct. And with [E] Odo and AR-558 Quark, it is reasonable to get his full bonus in [DS9-E] .

Was anything considered for the 'unofficial' sub-affiliations (i.e., Khan, KCA, Relativity), but didn't make the cut?

No, I'm afraid not. I did think Khan might have some good civilians, but didn't have a good idea for one to add to the sub-affiliation. And KCA and Relativity are a good bit less civilian-focused. I did have a few [E] personnel in the file for a bit. Sergey and Helena Rhozenko didn't make the cut, and neither did Robert Picard.
Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]