Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
With the nomination window now closed, here is your 2022 Hall of Fame Ballot:
[D] Dilemmas
Ardent Predator
Counterinsurgency Program
Dignitaries and Witnesses
Greater Needs
Healing hand
Honorable Pursuit
Inequitable Exchange
Infestation
Intimidation
Legacy
Pitching in
Rogue Borg Ambush
Timescape
Unfair Comparison

[Equ] Equipment
Trellium-D

[Evt] Events
Audacious Assault
Changed History
Christening
Confessions in the Pale Moonlight
Disadvantage Into Advantage
Energize
Firestorm
Hindrance
Labor Camp
No Peace in our Time
Rescue Captives
Rule of Acquisition #239
Tacking into the Wind

[Int] Interrupts
Comfort Women
Our Death is Glory to the Founders
Sense of Obligation
Shady Resources
The Promise

[H] Missions
Advanced Battle Simulation
Alpha 5 Approach, Transport Crash Survivor
Assess Contamination
Escape Gulag
Falsify Distress Signal
Ferenginar, Financial Hub
Inversion Mystery
Track Survivors
Unicomplex, Root of the Hive Mind

Personnel
[Baj] Bareil Antos, Esteemed Vedek
[Baj] Benjamin Sisko, The Emissary of the Prophets
[Baj] Opaka, Kai of Bajor
[Bor] Borg Queen, Guardian of the Hive
[Bor] Locutus, Voice of the Borg
[Bor] Second, Neonatal Drone
[Car] Evek, Agent of Cardassian Justice
[Dom] Arak’Taral, Suspicious Second
[Dom] Crom, Open-minded
[Dom] Ikat'Ika, Honorable Warrior
[Dom] Keevan, Conniving Liar
[Dom] Remata’Klan, Unit Leader
[Dom] Tozara'Kesh
[Fed] [DS9] ( [TOS] )Benjamin Sisko, Command Staffer
[Fed] [TNG] Davies
[Fed] [DS9] Enrique Muñiz
[Fed] [Voy] Equinox Doctor, Unethical Medical Hologram
[Fed] [TOS] Haadok
[Fed] [E] Luther Sloan, Man of Secrets
[Fed] [Voy] Marla Gilmore, Conflicted Engineer
[Fer] Brunt, FCA Liquidator
[Kli] Chang, Gorkon's Chief of Staff
[Kli] Kahmis
[Rom] Thexor

Ships
[Car] Galor
[Kli] I.K.S. K'Vort
[Kli] I.K.S. Vorn, Ship of Traitors
[SF] Enterprise, Damaged Starship
To vote, copy/paste the above into a Private Message, put a "Y" or "N" next to each card, and send it to me here, or you can message me on Discord with your Ballot (@Armus). The question being asked of each card is "should this card be inducted into the Hall of Fame?" So if you think a given card should be retired, vote "Y" for the card. If you think the card should not be retired, vote "N." Any card receiving a 65% or more "Y" vote will be inducted into the Hall of Fame as part of the 2022 class.

All votes must be received by 11:59pm server time on February 28th, 2022.

If you have any questions, please post them here, PM me, or message me on Discord.

The annual Hall of Fame vote is a great way for the community to come together and decide the future of this grass roots tournament format. Obviously the more participation we have, the more reflective of the community consensus opinion the results will be.

I also would encourage anyone who feels strongly about a card to advocate for their position here. This thread should be considered an open dialog on the merits of all of the cards nominated.

Thank you in advance for your participation and engagement. I look forward to seeing the results! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Wow... the early rush is on!

I had one ballot in my inbox when I woke up this morning, and 4 more have come in since the ballot went live!

It's way too early to project anything, so I won't try, but I'm excited by the strong initial response. Keep them coming! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I just received my 10th ballot.

Out of those who have voted so far, 2 are from the European side of "The pond" and the other 8 are from the North American side.

Let's keep them coming in! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
5 more ballots received today, 3 of which came from across the pond... way to answer the call, Euros!

We also have our first "Red Zone" projections. 2 cards have received enough "No" votes that the Hall of Fame Decision Desk is projecting that they will NOT be inducted into the Hall of Fame class of 2022.

(No, I'm not going to say which ones, but based on historical results, it's probably not hard to guess).

What's more interesting is the bubble. There are 20 cards out of the 70 nominated that are either at 9 (just out) or 10 (just in) Yes votes, and another 24 that are either at 8 or 11 Yes votes. That's 44 out of 70 (63%) cards where one or two votes one way or another can be a deciding factor!

15 votes in the first week is a great start. Thanks to everyone who has voted so far! :cheersL:

Don't miss your chance to have your voice heard! Get those ballots in!
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
I lost my draft ballot PM so will have to retype. In the meantime, here's some of my reasoning should others be interested:

dilemmas:

Voting out/Y: anything that is a staple of a standard attrition pile in complete is a hell yes, let's get rid of those dilemmas we face over and over.
Keeping in/Y: anything that is the central card of a unique pile, e.g. Infestation piles aren't going to work without infestation.

missions:

Voting out/Y: any mission with an attribute < 32; prevent and overcome missions
Keeping in/N: HQs and missions that are attemptable by only one affiliation

Interrupts:
Voting out/Y: "until end of mission"
Keeping in/N: "until end of dilemma"

Events:
Voting out/Y: things with no team stamp unless it is the only such in the game, e.g. Energize out, everyone and their dog has cost reduction.
Keeping in/N: things that are team stamped.

Ships:

The ship of traitors needs to go! Voting out the universal ships might encourage some more variety too.

Personnel:

Voting out/Y: things that get splashed into other affiliations, cards that keep other cards from being tried
Keeping in/N: personnel that the affiliation needs to remain viable; cards that are only there because one overpowered deck uses them.

By Mugato
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Runner-Up 2023
I was looking at the HOF list on the home page and notice the entire new set was added. I'm not sure who to ask about fixing that. I don't know the HoF format that well yet and it makes it difficult to compare the current list with the nominations. Could someone notify the right person or let me know who I should ask? Thanks.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Mugato wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:06 pm I was looking at the HOF list on the home page and notice the entire new set was added. I'm not sure who to ask about fixing that. I don't know the HoF format that well yet and it makes it difficult to compare the current list with the nominations. Could someone notify the right person or let me know who I should ask? Thanks.
I thought that happens because the new set isn't tournament-legal until next Friday, but apparently Markus can fix it.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Since today appears to be vote update day... here's where we stand at the halfway point in the Hall of Fame balloting:

We've received 26 ballots so far, matching the lowest turnout in HoF voting history with still 2 weeks to go.

Right now, no card has reached what I call the "green zone" - a card with so many yes votes that it's projected to be a lock. A few are getting (tantalizingly?) close, but nobody is over the line yet.

On the other side of the ledger, there are 17 cards that are currently sitting in the "Red Zone" - cards with sufficient No votes that it is unlikely they will find their way into the hall this year without a major surge in support and/or historically high turnout.

But with 70 cards nominated, that means that there's still 53 cards with a plausible chance of getting inducted, so your vote definitely matters!

And speaking of your vote mattering, based on current results, if I don't receive another ballot in the next 2 weeks, there are currently 38 cards that would be in the hall. That constitues a majority of nominations. Having a majority of a ballot make the hall would be a Hall of Fame first, but the bubble is very large still fairly soft, so every vote matters whether you want a big class or a small class!

As a reminder, the polls close at 11:59PM server time on February 28, 2022, so it's not too late! Get those ballots in!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
With one week to go we have 29 ballots in and things are getting REAL interesting...

Recent balloting has taken the number of "Red Zone" cards from 17 to 27, meaning that barring an excessive number of countervailing votes, they will not be in this year's class.

On the other side of the ledger, we have also gotten our first crop of "Green Zone" cards. At this point there appear to be at least 7 cards that are likely to be in the Hall of Fame class of 2022.

However, the real action is around the bubble. Of the 36 cards that haven't been "called" yet, 21 of them are within a vote or two of the 65% line one way or the other. That's a lot of cards that the community's votes over the next 7 days will decide the fate of.

So if you haven't voted yet? What's keeping you? Get in there and make your voice heard!

Also, I do want to thank the 29 people that have already cast their ballot. Their votes have gone a long way towards shaping the 2022 class and it's always great to see such diversity of opinion across the ballots!

I can't wait to see how this turns out... can you? :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
We're just under 72 Hours away from the voting being closed!

At this point, it looks like there's about 38 cards that won't be in this years class.

It also looks like there's about 18 cards that are looking pretty solidly in.

But looking at the bubble, it's REAL TIGHT. These last 14 cards are on one side of the line or the other by a SINGLE VOTE! That means that your Yes Vote could pave the way for their gold jacket, or your No Vote could keep them in the pool for another year, but either way, YOUR VOTE MATTERS!

We're also up to 35 ballots received, which is tied with 2019 for the second highest turnout in HoF Voting history. We only need two more to tie the all-time record, or three more ballots to set a new high (and put a few of my modeling assumptions into question, which is extra fun!!)

So if you haven't done so yet, fill out that ballot and send it to me before it's too late!

Also, again, a big THANK YOU to everyone who has voted so far. I appreciate your support and participation, and look forward to seeing what changes your votes are bringing the the HoF Format for 2022! :cheersL:
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
No more sleeps!

(I don't know if the above translates well to other places: when children are counting down the days to something exciting like a holiday or birthday, they'd count the days in terms of "sleeps". 5 more sleeps, 4 more sleeps... down to "no more sleeps"! On the day that the exciting thing is due to happen).

I am excited to hear the results of voting :).

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Fritzinger wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:13 am No more sleeps!

(I don't know if the above translates well to other places: when children are counting down the days to something exciting like a holiday or birthday, they'd count the days in terms of "sleeps". 5 more sleeps, 4 more sleeps... down to "no more sleeps"! On the day that the exciting thing is due to happen).

I am excited to hear the results of voting :).
The polling is still open through midnight tonight server time, so depending on time zones, you may have at least one more sleep... :wink:
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]