Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

Which card is the best of the best from Classification: Civilian?

Morphogenic Virus
35%
Raimus, Syndicate Collaborator
12%
Manuele Atoa, Something Fun to Look At
29%
Christopher Pike, Prospective Orion Trader
24%
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:42 pm
Marquetry wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:41 pm
GooeyChewie wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:27 pm

That's exactly who I had in mind! :D
Mwahaha... ;) *happy evil laugh*
Do you and @jadziadax8 think you can keep it to 45 cards?

Can't be OVER-representin' after all... :wink:
I dunno. I hear size matters. :shifty:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hope I didn't come across as too much as moral police. Definitely do not want to operate a double standard either, if it were Leeta in a similar situation with 'something fun to look at' (should an episode's script have gone that way for example) I would have found it equally annoying :)

If it were an event representing what Atoa does as 'something fun to look at', I'd be at peace, but now it feels he is something, and not someone... (but maybe it's just something in my mind; I also complained at my job where someone's only classification in the system was 'technical asset' and felt that was reducing someone to an object)

But if this discussion brings about a That Side of Paradise set, I'd be all for it!
Maybe we can get a high res, second edition version of Assimilate Species in portrait form...
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
WeyounsLastClone wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:04 pm Hope I didn't come across as too much as moral police.
You didn't.
WeyounsLastClone wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:04 pmBut if this discussion brings about a That Side of Paradise set, I'd be all for it!
Maybe we can get a high res, second edition version of Assimilate Species in portrait form...
Juicy!
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
The Guardian wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:53 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:04 pm Hey, you all got a whole waterplums expansion.

And now we're complaining about objectification? :P
Hey! Several of those women are fully clothed!

I'm fascinated by the sexual dynamics of the future. I suppose a test for us could be: would the scene play out the same way if the genders had been flipped? I'd not only say yes, but that we have many times. So, sure. If one's cool, then so is the other.

Ooh! Are you making a pitch for an all-male set? 'Cause I'll do it! (Far Beyond the Stars actually comes close, but one of the rules for This Side of Paradise was that ships were female.)
The real sin of This Side of Paradise is that the gameplay mechanic for most of the women in the set is entirely passive.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
jadziadax8 wrote:
WeyounsLastClone wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:04 pm Hope I didn't come across as too much as moral police.
You didn't.
:thumbsup:

I'm all for a female-led expansion. (Damn. Nathan always makes all my half-baked ideas better.) Archer and Tripp in the desert. Riker getting ready to negotiate on Angel I. Chakotay boxing. Mayweather straining the stitches on his workout gear. Shirtless Kirk! Hell, Odo got naked a few times, if that's your thing.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
edgeofhearing wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:45 pmThe real sin of This Side of Paradise is that the gameplay mechanic for most of the women in the set is entirely passive.
Brad's rationale for that was you don't mind if people with pretty faces show up randomly. I have no idea if that was originally his or if he shared it with us from someone else's thoughts. We might have ran with it a little too hard.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The Guardian wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:57 pm
edgeofhearing wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:45 pmThe real sin of This Side of Paradise is that the gameplay mechanic for most of the women in the set is entirely passive.
Brad's rationale for that was you don't mind if people with pretty faces show up randomly.
This is the same guy that gave us how many Kiras? Hardly sounds random to me...

First: Saru Last: Burnham I think @jadziadax[…]

So with the new version of The Final Frontier , i[…]

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]

Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]