Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Mugato
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Runner-Up 2023
I originally wrote DeckPADD as an offline deck builder. It was one of the first deck builders for STCCG 2E and let deck builders search, check deck statics as well as save and share decks with each other. It also allowed people to print basic paper proxies to test new decks without digging for cards before we had virtual and printable cards.

I built DeckPADD around how I built decks, hoping it would be helpful to others. Due to personal reasons, I hadn't been able to keep it up to date in recent years. Also, I must report that the source code may be lost so small updates are likely not possible without a complete rewrite. Also, I don't do as much software development as I did when I was younger so I'm not sure how well I'd be at a rewrite.

I'd like to ask the community if there's interest in updating DeckPADD for the latest expansions. The TrekCC premium deck builder has come a long way so it may meet the community's deck building needs. Since I haven't been as active as I used to be, I'm not sure if there is still a need for DeckPADD or if it is time to retire the project.

Please share your thoughts and I welcome positive or constructive feedback.

Thanks for your input.

Jared
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
There were requests for an update and requests to remove the links, together probably still 1 digit.
I haven't used the deckpadd myself, just looked into the files. The data format seems similar to lackey.
The trekcc deckbuilder became better, there is transfer to and from lackey, and there are alternatives like "nebula", "virtual folder", "garak.it", "tts"* and probably more.

I don't think a rebuild is worth it as offline tool, a mobile app or just updated card data could be.

* status unknown

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The one DeckPADD feature that I really miss is the ability to choose a specific HQ and see all the personnel and ships that can play to that HQ (or combine it with other search parameters for a more tailored result).

If that could get built into the deckbuilder (or Lackey) it would be amazing.

But that aside, I don't see an immediate need to do a whole lotta work on this. The existing tools have really evolved quite a bit in the last 7-8 years since DeckPADD was a thing.

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I really liked the skill counting stuff, though the CC decklists can do that now.

I know there was huge interest in getting DeckPADD back a few years ago, but I'm honestly not sure now.

By Mugato
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Runner-Up 2023
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'm happy to revisit DeckPADD if there's interest in the future. Until such a time, I'll put any work on hold.

I agree with Armus that a HQ filter in the DeckPADD would be a wonderful addition. It doesn't have to account for exceptions like the DS9/TOS staffers such as Benjamin Sisko, Command Staffer or Yelsar.

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Czech National Champion 2011
Mugato wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:25 pm Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'm happy to revisit DeckPADD if there's interest in the future. Until such a time, I'll put any work on hold.

I agree with Armus that a HQ filter in the DeckPADD would be a wonderful addition. It doesn't have to account for exceptions like the DS9/TOS staffers such as Benjamin Sisko, Command Staffer or Yelsar.
Jared, I would love to use DeckPADD once again. It was such a great tool and I for one would love to put my hands on the updated version. Should you update it, please let me know. Thank you.

By Mugato
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Runner-Up 2023
vlasopes wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:40 pm
Mugato wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:25 pm Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'm happy to revisit DeckPADD if there's interest in the future. Until such a time, I'll put any work on hold.

Jared, I would love to use DeckPADD once again. It was such a great tool and I for one would love to put my hands on the updated version. Should you update it, please let me know. Thank you.
Thanks for letting me know. I wasn't able to find the source code but I'll see if i can get a card update with the latest sets.

By Mugato
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Runner-Up 2023
I've updated the DeckPADD card list and keyword files to include up through Classification: Civilian. I'm planning to keep this up to date better going forward. Knowing it is useful to others, too, is the best motivation.

If anyone would like to help me test the latest card file before it is updated on the home page, please download it at the link below.

Full Program
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oQQs0j ... sp=sharing

Updated files only
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xDPuSr ... sp=sharing

In case you are interested, there are 3 adjustments I had to make in the card list file because of cards made after I designed Deckpadd.

1. All the relativity class ships have too many staffing icons for the size of the text box.

changed
[Cmd] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf]
to
[Cmd] 5 [Stf]

2. •Cardassia Prime, Secure Homeworld has 7 affiliation icons! More than any other mission.

Changed
[Baj] [Car] [Dom] [Fed] [Fer] [Kli] [Rom]
to
[Baj][Car][Dom][Fed][Fer][Kli][Rom]

3. The longest card title was introduced in caretaker: Dr. Lewis Zimmerman Diagnostic Program Alpha One One. I had to remove " Alpha One One" to get the title to fit.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
Mugato wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:51 pm I've updated the DeckPADD card list and keyword files to include up through Classification: Civilian. I'm planning to keep this up to date better going forward. Knowing it is useful to others, too, is the best motivation.

If anyone would like to help me test the latest card file before it is updated on the home page, please download it at the link below.

Full Program
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oQQs0j ... sp=sharing

Updated files only
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xDPuSr ... sp=sharing

files linked on main page have been updated

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]