Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
We set a new turnout record this year with 43 ballots! Thanks to everyone who voted this year!

With a turnout of 43, 28 votes were needed to surpass the 65% threshold. Overall, there were 24 cards inducted into this year's class.

However... rather than just post the results, we'll be doing a Hall of Fame Results Show Live From Raw Deal Island!

We'll be recording tonight (3/1/2022) at 9PM Central Time. I'll be hosting, and will be joined by John Corbett (KillerB), possibly some other members of da Gr0up Chat, and ... maybe you!

That's right, I'll be offering a limited number of special guest passes, so anyone who wants to be part of the live read-and-react results show send me a PM*! Spots are limited, so act quickly!

But I know there are those who are eagerly waiting for the results, so I won't leave you with nothing until tonight. While you're waiting, here's a few interesting nuggets about this year's class:

[SD] There were 70 total nominations, and 24 cards that exceeded the 65% threshold, which amounts to a 34% retirement rate. That's down a tick from last year, when 31/82 cards (37%) were retired.

[SD] There was more than one first-ballot Hall of Famer this year

[SD] There was a tie between two cards for most Yes votes, and both of those cards are Decipher-era "Classics"

[SD] There are five different card types represented in this year's class

[SD] The very last ballot received pushed 3 bubble cards over the line - don't tell me your vote doesn't matter!

I'll see you all tonight. Until then, let the speculation begin!

*All decisions for invites are at my sole discretion. By requesting an invitation, you agree to be recorded and accept the possibility that you may be part of any shenanigans, hijinx, and other general nonsense that may ensue.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
24 huh, that's a little less than I was hoping for...
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
monty42 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:42 pm 24 huh, that's a little less than I was hoping for...
Agreed.

#ShakeUp2E

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
pfti wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:22 pm
monty42 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:42 pm 24 huh, that's a little less than I was hoping for...
Agreed.

#ShakeUp2E
Actually, I just went back and looked. Since the current HoF Process was started with the class of 2018, here are the results:

2018: 17/53 (32%)
2019: 17/84 (20%)
2020: 38/74 (51%)
2021: 31/82 (37%)
2022: 24/70 (34%)

So in terms of both absolute number of cards and percentage of nominations inducted, the 2022 class is right in the middle of the pack. Definitely not earth-shaking, but not nothing either (and when you see the list, I think you'll be more happy than not over cards that did/didn't get retired).

I figure it's reasonable to expect about a third of the cards to get in, with the occasional outlier year either way, at least that seems to be how the voting community is trending.

What's unknown is the impact of both newly-eligible cards and new cards that change the view of existing eligible cards going forward.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
So where do we get to watch this?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
Hello...?
Did I get my timezones mixed up again?
Or shouldn't you be on right now...?
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
You got a link bro?
Armus wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:33 pm We set a new turnout record this year with 43 ballots! Thanks to everyone who voted this year!

With a turnout of 43, 28 votes were needed to surpass the 65% threshold. Overall, there were 24 cards inducted into this year's class.

However... rather than just post the results, we'll be doing a Hall of Fame Results Show Live From Raw Deal Island!

We'll be recording tonight (3/1/2022) at 9PM Central Time. I'll be hosting, and will be joined by John Corbett (KillerB), possibly some other members of da Gr0up Chat, and ... maybe you!

That's right, I'll be offering a limited number of special guest passes, so anyone who wants to be part of the live read-and-react results show send me a PM*! Spots are limited, so act quickly!

But I know there are those who are eagerly waiting for the results, so I won't leave you with nothing until tonight. While you're waiting, here's a few interesting nuggets about this year's class:

[SD] There were 70 total nominations, and 24 cards that exceeded the 65% threshold, which amounts to a 34% retirement rate. That's down a tick from last year, when 31/82 cards (37%) were retired.

[SD] There was more than one first-ballot Hall of Famer this year

[SD] There was a tie between two cards for most Yes votes, and both of those cards are Decipher-era "Classics"

[SD] There are five different card types represented in this year's class

[SD] The very last ballot received pushed 3 bubble cards over the line - don't tell me your vote doesn't matter!

I'll see you all tonight. Until then, let the speculation begin!

*All decisions for invites are at my sole discretion. By requesting an invitation, you agree to be recorded and accept the possibility that you may be part of any shenanigans, hijinx, and other general nonsense that may ensue.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
monty42 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:09 pm Hello...?
We're recording it now. We'll be posting it shortly.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Armus wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:15 pm
Afraid to go live?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
Recording?
I thought you were doing a live show...
boo

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
Why the hell did I stay up till 4 in the morning then...?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
monty42 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:18 pm Why the hell did I stay up till 4 in the morning then...?
You wanna join?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
pfti wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:15 pm
Afraid to go live?
More like technologically limited.

Wanna join?

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]