Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Upstaged. This seemed to me crystal clear till yesterday... Choose two personnel... So the one encountering this dilemma and reading it chooses, right?

Morphogenic Virus. Attempting this mission... So let's say attempt started with nine, four got stopped, five remain, facing the virus. Does it get its discount in cost?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:34 pm Upstaged. This seemed to me crystal clear till yesterday... Choose two personnel... So the one encountering this dilemma and reading it chooses, right?

Morphogenic Virus. Attempting this mission... So let's say attempt started with nine, four got stopped, five remain, facing the virus. Does it get its discount in cost?
Yup. It's like Polywater that way.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
In my interpretation of this, Morphogenic Virus would still be cost +4 because it says "If six or more non- [Dom] personnel are attempting this mission, this dilemma is cost +4.".
Upstaged only says "those personnel cannot be selected and cannot use their abilities, attributes, or skills." but thoses people are still attempting this mission. They are not stopped.
Last edited by monty42 on Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Just to be clear, these are two unrelated questions, yes?

Caretaker's Guest wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:34 pm Upstaged. This seemed to me crystal clear till yesterday... Choose two personnel... So the one encountering this dilemma and reading it chooses, right?
Dilemmas are written to the person who faces them. Thus it tells the player encountering the dilemma to choose the personnel. Otherwise it would need to say "your opponent chooses two personnel," akin to Secret Identity.
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:34 pmMorphogenic Virus. Attempting this mission... So let's say attempt started with nine, four got stopped, five remain, facing the virus. Does it get its discount in cost?
This card cares only about how many personnel are attempting when you face it. Armus is correct; it's like Polywater Intoxication in that regard.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation