Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I've made no secret in the past of how 1E is my deeper love of the two games. I still find the flavor of 2E lacking in respect to 1e in many respects.

but

I have an 11-year old that's been watching me go to local 2E tournemneets for a couple months and said he wanted to play.

So I sat down with him last night.

He's played a good amount of Magic, and Dominion before. I taught him LotR and tried SWCCG with him. (Since he's more of a fan of those movies then Star Trek so far.)

For 2E, I literally just handed him the deck, plopped the missions down, and was able to teach him the basics thru playing. (Draw 7 to start, there's the cost in the corner, play/draw 7, etc.)

I love the complex puzzle of the seed phase, and how the Borg are 3 pages of rules for them in 1E. I think [Tac] and the back and forth of battle are hugely missing from 2E.

But I do, really, truly appreciate how easy it was to just pickup and play with him. And that's a very big plus.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
11 year old me who couldn't ever get any of his friends to play ST CCG bc it wasn't as easy/pick up and play as MTG is what lost me until 2E came out.

So with the new version of The Final Frontier , i[…]

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]

Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!