Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By jcchurch
 -  
I played my Voyager deck against my friend's Borg deck tonight and lost. Boooo.

We've been playing Star Trek 1E for over a year and decided to get into 2E. However, we had a rules question that I can't seem to find in the rule book: when a personnel gains a skill, when, if ever, is that skill forgotten?

When Borg Queen, Bringer of Order uses her Order ability, it's pretty clear "This effect lasts until the end of this turn."

Neelix, Morale Officer doesn't indicate this. With his "While facing a dilemma at a [DQ] mission, this personnel gains Acquisition and Honor," does Neelix ever forget his Acquisition and Honor skills? Can he gain them each time he faces a new dilemma (thus making Neelix the most honorable character in all of Star Trek)?

We can use Neelix to mine Acquisition and Honor skills.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jcchurch wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:29 am I played my Voyager deck against my friend's Borg deck tonight and lost. Boooo.

We've been playing Star Trek 1E for over a year and decided to get into 2E. However, we had a rules question that I can't seem to find in the rule book: when a personnel gains a skill, when, if ever, is that skill forgotten?

When Borg Queen, Bringer of Order uses her Order ability, it's pretty clear "This effect lasts until the end of this turn."

Neelix, Morale Officer doesn't indicate this. With his "While facing a dilemma at a [DQ] mission, this personnel gains Acquisition and Honor," does Neelix ever forget his Acquisition and Honor skills? Can he gain them each time he faces a new dilemma (thus making Neelix the most honorable character in all of Star Trek)?

We can use Neelix to mine Acquisition and Honor skills.
Generally speaking, cards that provide skill gain establish the frequency and/or conditions for it.

Examples of conditions:

"While facing a dilemma..."

"While attempting a mission..."

"While at a Neutral Zone mission..."

Examples of duration:

"... until the end of the dilemma"

"... until the end of the mission attempt"

"... until the end of the turn"

Or if the condition granting the skills is no longer true (e.g., when a personnel who gains skills while at a Neutral Zone mission is no longer at a Neutral Zone mission, they no longer have the skills)

So in your example, Neelix gains skills "While facing a dilemma at a [DQ] mission" so by extension, when he's not doing that, he doesn't gain the skills (and he loses whatever skills he's gained while previously facing a dilemma).

Does that help clarify at all?
Question for noob

It allows that personnel to mix. So if you play Fe[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]