Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Weight of Command, Garak Has Some Issues and Morphogenic Virus are like Moral Choice in that they punish an affiliation, but they're a bit better than Moral Choice if your opponent isn't playing that affiliation.

For instance Morphogenic Virus is like an Intimidation that only hits 2 (admittedly disappointing, but all you can hope for against some affiliations).

What's your opinion of these dilemmas when you draw them against the wrong affiliation?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Fritzinger wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:39 am Weight of Command, Garak Has Some Issues and Morphogenic Virus are like Moral Choice in that they punish an affiliation, but they're a bit better than Moral Choice if your opponent isn't playing that affiliation.

For instance Morphogenic Virus is like an Intimidation that only hits 2 (admittedly disappointing, but all you can hope for against some affiliations).

What's your opinion of these dilemmas when you draw them against the wrong affiliation?
4 cost for 2 stops is pretty standard fare, so I'm fine with MV.

These are meta dilemmas, so knowing the meta is going to make these pay off, while not knowing the meta is going to make your dilemma pile a bit weaker overall.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
The meta is a good point. Around here we're trying to catch up on the last two years of cards so everyone tries new things every time and I've only seen one dominion deck so far... but I think if I was expecting a competitive event, I'd pack some MV and Garak.

Stream of consciousness follows:

Another aspect I just thought of is how these are nicely safe from "does not require a skill" cards, either low cost (MV) or sneakily requiring a skill (Garak, WOC).

MV is uninvitable.

What dilemmas are there that could force everyone into gaining a skill to set up for Garak has some issues?
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]