Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

What from 2021 in First Edition excites you most?

Dilemmas that punish Regions
No votes
0%
Personnel better with a specific subset of personnel
No votes
0%
Dual Personnel
No votes
0%
An Expansion of the Q keyword
57%
None of these really excite me
43%
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through Since we are over the hump, let's look at a question!

Last week: Clash of Classification: Civilian Final
3-9-22 Clash of Classification: Civilian One Two and Three
3-2-22 Hall Of Fame 2022 With a Twist ... of Fate!
2-23-22 Classification: Civilian Page Wars Final
2-16-22Classification Civilian Page Wars One, Two and Three
2-9-22 Yakety yak
2-2-22Civilian vs. V.I.P.
1-26-22 When is a card not Picard
1-19-22 Staffing Concerns
1-12-22 Consistently Inconsistent
1-5-22 First Things First

After looking at a recent release, we'll continue that rend but with a bit of a twist. Second Edition is not the only game in town, First Edition had a bitchin' year as well. Above is a poll of the kewl stuff for that game in 2021. Which one would excite you if it was developed for Second Edition and why?

Note that the list is not comprehensive; we already have The Motion Pictures and past Klingons in the game, for example. Also, this is just speculation, there is no "Take 1E and make it 2E" on the shopping list for design.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Much like your 2020 mechanics survey, this poll is asking the wrong question.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Re: Regions. In 1E having Regions gives you the huge benefit of being able to group your missions together rather than leaving it up to random chance. You might even be able to seed your reporting location in the Region and never have to travel very far. In 2E Regions provide a lot less inherent benefit, especially if your headquarters doesn't share the Region. Going from Investigate Destruction and Investigate Massacre are in the same region if you need to swing by Romulus first to pick up personnel. If anything, I'd rather see 2E cards promote regions rather than punish them.

Re: Personnel better with subset of personnel. This one is kind of par for the course in 2E. Since personnel have more room for abilities in 2E, they more often use those abilities to reward you for playing certain types of personnel together.

Re: Dual personnel. I'm not sure what you mean by this one. Dual-affiliation personnel? Or personnel cards which represent two personnel? If the former, the fact that 2E doesn't prevent affiliations from working together somewhat obviates the need for dual-affiliation personnel. The closest parallel would be personnel who have abilities which let them play at other HQs, which can work but I feel should be reserved for special one-off situations. If the latter, I absolutely don't want to see personnel cards which represent multiple personnel in 2E. Better to have two separate cards which support each other, either directly or indirectly. For examples: Zero Zero and One One or The Strongest Heart and The Second Heart.

Re: Q cards. Somewhat by default, this topic is the one which would excite me the most. Still, 2E's take on Q cards differs significantly from 1E's take, so I don't think much would translate over. This option only slightly edges out "none of the above" for me.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation