Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Bignuts
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Hi all

Can someone clarify how the cumulative rules works in 2E?

If multiple copies (3) of the same non-unique event are in my core. How does the game state interact with all 3 copies of the same non-unique event?

Also. How does Morik (non-aligned borg) get so beefy with the cumulative rule?

Ta

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Bignuts wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:01 am Hi all

Can someone clarify how the cumulative rules works in 2E?

If multiple copies (3) of the same non-unique event are in my core. How does the game state interact with all 3 copies of the same non-unique event?

The best example to show this probably isn't events, but equipment. Got three Federation Compression Rifles? In that case, while in combat, each of your [Voy] personnel present is Strength +3 and while facing a dilemma at a [DQ] mission, each [Voy] Security personnel present is Strength +3.

Or got two Engineering PADDs? Each of your Engineer personnel present gains 2 Astrometrics.

Bignuts wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:01 amAlso. How does Morik (non-aligned borg) get so beefy with the cumulative rule?

Not sure what you mean about this one. Could you elaborate?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Bignuts wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:01 am Can someone clarify how the cumulative rules works in 2E?
Cards are cumulative by default.
Bignuts wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:01 amIf multiple copies (3) of the same non-unique event are in my core. How does the game state interact with all 3 copies of the same non-unique event?
That depends on the trigger and the scenario, so that's a bit tough to answer without a question about a specific card.
Bignuts wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:01 amAlso. How does Morik (non-aligned borg) get so beefy with the cumulative rule?
Morik doesn't care about cumulative. He just looks for the highest-cost event (often Rule of Acquisition #141) and gets boosted that much.

Since Morik is non-unique, you can have three of him triggering off the same card, though.

By Bignuts
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Thanks for responding. :cheersL:

1 Mental Discipline
Plays in your core. When your unique personnel is facing a dilemma, you may discard a personnel with the same card title from hand to make him or her attributes +1 and gain one of the discarded personnel's skills until the end of that dilemma.

"Yes, this is a tight enclosed space. Yes, there’s not a lot of room to move. But a disciplined mind doesn’t allow itself to be sidetracked by niggling psychological disorders like claustrophobia."
2 U 50
Using the above event. I have 3 copies of this Mental Discipline (non-unique event) in my core. I then discard a personnel as stated above to get the +1 modifier for attributes and gain a bonus skill.

Does the unique character get only +1 attributes and gain a bonus skill - even though 3 copies of Mental Discipline are in my core?

Or, +3 attributes and 3 bonus skills - cos of the 3 copies of Mental Discipline in my core?

How does the act of a ‘discard’ interact with each Mental Discipline event in my core?

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
This isn't so much about non-uniqueness or cumulative qualities, but paying a cost for an effect.

If you pay the cost (discard a personnel) to gain the effect (make him or her attributes +1 and gain one of the discarded personnel's skills until the end of that dilemma), that's for one of the Mental Disciplines. You can pay that cost again (discard another personnel) to gain that boon again to one of the other MDs, but paying the cost once won't trigger all three.

By Bignuts
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
6 Unimatrix Zero
To play this event, you must command three [Bor] personnel. When you play this event, for each unique Borg personnel you command, this event is cost -1. Plays in your core. You may spend an additional counter each turn. Each unique personnel you command gains [AU].
"Assimilate you. Yes, but that’s nothing to be afraid of. You like having friends, don’t you? Assimilation turns is all into friends
Just one more. :wink:

I play 3 Unimatrix Zero events in my core. I get to spend 3 additional play counters each turn and each of my unique Borg personnel gain (3) [AU] icons each. Is this correct?

Are there any restrictions on how many [AU] icons you can have on a personnel?

Can you point me towards any rules or ruling re the above?

Thanks for the assist thus far. :cheersL:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Bignuts wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:41 amI play 3 Unimatrix Zero events in my core. I get to spend 3 additional play counters each turn and each of my unique Borg personnel gain (3) [AU] icons each. Is this correct?

Correct.

Bignuts wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:41 amAre there any restrictions on how many [AU] icons you can have on a personnel?

I don't think so, but I can't envisage a scenario where it would be an advantage or disadvantage.

Bignuts wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:41 amCan you point me towards any rules or ruling re the above?

The multiple icons rule? No.

The cumulative rule - sure.
Rulebook, pg 13 wrote:All cards that do not have a dot (•) before their card title are nonunique. This means that all players may have many copies of those cards in play at one time. Most events are non-unique, and you may have multiple copies of these events in play at one time. The effects of these cards are cumulative.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Bignuts wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:41 am Are there any restrictions on how many [AU] icons you can have on a personnel?

Can you point me towards any rules or ruling re the above?
Technically nothing in the rules stops a personnel from having multiple instances of the same icon. At the same time, cards will only ever care whether a personnel has the icon (or how many of your personnel have the icon), not how many instances of the icon a given personnel has. Danny is correct; gaining multiples of an icon doesn't really matter.

There is one rule on this subject, regarding staffing icons specifically.
Page 10 of the Rulebook, Under 'Order - Move a Ship' wrote:All the icons in the ship’s staffing requirements can be
found among your unstopped personnel aboard that
ship. Each personnel can contribute only one staffing
requirements icon.
A personnel with a icon can instead
provide a icon, but not the other way around.
So if you do find a way to gain multiple staffing icons, it still really doesn't matter.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation