Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through Since we are over the hump, let's look at a question!

This week I want to look at cards like Intimidation. Looking at it, you know within moments of playing if this will stop everyone, just a couple or anywhere in between. One of those is better than the others as it is very inconsistent.

So let's talk about inconsistent cards you use. Which ones do you like? Which ones do you not like using? Why?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Faithful Reader wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:23 pm It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through Since we are over the hump, let's look at a question!

This week I want to look at cards like Intimidation. Looking at it, you know within moments of playing if this will stop everyone, just a couple or anywhere in between. One of those is better than the others as it is very inconsistent.

So let's talk about inconsistent cards you use. Which ones do you like? Which ones do you not like using? Why?
The first thing that comes to mind is Ardent Predator and Hard of Heart. I don't use that pair, since they always seem to work when I'm facing them, and never work when I'm delivering them. :?

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
I think Intimidation is a bad example for an inconsistent card. Just as The Chandra it gives you a minimum of 2 stops for a cost of four. That is already a very good cost/reward ratio and I never take it for more than that. Anything more is just a bonus.
jadziadax8 wrote:The first thing that comes to mind is Ardent Predator and Hard of Heart. I don't use that pair, since they always seem to work when I'm facing them, and never work when I'm delivering them. :?
Agreed. These are relatively risky to begin with even before factoring in the possibilities of skill/attribute cheating.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
It's been a minute since I ran it (at least on its own), but back in the SoliTrek days of 2e, I would splash Chula: Echoes in my dilemma pile. When your opponent attempts with enough that one stop won't get the job done, That draw one play one dice roll could swing a game.

It could also totally whiff, but at that point your opponent is solving anyway, so why not take the shot?
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation