Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  

Few questions about Prodigal Daughter.

If my opponent already commands a copy of her, can I still give command of my copy to my opponent? Probably not, but the card doesn't say `does not command` or something similar.

What happens if my opponent doesn't command a ship to place her on? Is the interrupt still prevented and I just keep her (and can use her text again)? Or does she stay on my ship or in my crew but my opponent commands her?

Possibly one of those "do as much as you can" cases..

Thanks

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
You cannot give command of a unique card to a player who commands a copy of that card (event with a different subtitle). If your opponent has a Seven of Nine you cannot pay the cost of her ability and thus cannot use it.

Placing Seven of Nine on your opponent’s ship is an effect. If you use the ability and your opponent does not command a ship, you ignore that part and Seven of Nine stays where she is (but is now commanded by the opponent). If she happened to be attempted a mission at that time, I believe she is simply no longer attempting the mission. And by “believe” I mean I’m 100% sure that she shouldn’t stay in the attempt but less than 100% sure I can point to where exactly the rules would make that fact clear.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
GooeyChewie wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:38 pm You cannot give command of a unique card to a player who commands a copy of that card (event with a different subtitle). If your opponent has a Seven of Nine you cannot pay the cost of her ability and thus cannot use it.

Placing Seven of Nine on your opponent’s ship is an effect. If you use the ability and your opponent does not command a ship, you ignore that part and Seven of Nine stays where she is (but is now commanded by the opponent). If she happened to be attempted a mission at that time, I believe she is simply no longer attempting the mission. And by “believe” I mean I’m 100% sure that she shouldn’t stay in the attempt but less than 100% sure I can point to where exactly the rules would make that fact clear.
Agreed on all counts.

As far as a Seven used during a mission attempt that stays there but your opponent now commands her, I believe the rulebook's prohibition on your personnel attempting opponent's missions (pg 11) is adequate for saying she's not part of the attempt anymore.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
You gotta be careful with Seven though. I once won a game by solving Alpha 5 Approach with my opponent's Seven under my command giving me skills 15 and 16. 8)
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]