Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through Since we are over the hump, let's look at a question!

Suppose you know you are going up against a deck using Cardassia Prime, Subjugated Planet. Maybe you get a psychic message. Maybe you send yourself a message from the future. Maybe you just get lucky.

No matter what you know the type of deck you are going up against. What kind of deck do you bring against it? My thoughts are Rainbow Speed sand weenies as they both have ways to use the extra draws and not be at at risk of discarding to reverse mill.

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  

I have a Dom rainbow deck with Subjugated Planet HQ as reference to play against with any deck I build. Speed decks are nice, but also the extra card draws can help your big interference deck... if you're lucky.

It's not only a matter of the deck but also dilemma pile:

3x Becalmed
3x More Gravy than of Grave
3x Morphogenic Virus
3x Racial Tension
+
Lots of Event destruction to get rid of that awful Audacious Assault/Mobilization Points.

As a side effect this also helps nicely against Smuggling Klingons...
:cheersR:
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
TyKajada wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:02 pm As a side effect this also helps nicely against Smuggling Klingons...
I would swap out Racial Tension for Intimidation against the Smuggling Klingons, but otherwise, yes all around.

Adopted Authority is good too if there are lots of Jemmies. It's less effective with everyone else, though.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
In addition to the above, Quick Trip can help if your opponent tries to overfill your hand to make you discard.

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:52 pm In addition to the above, Quick Trip can help if your opponent tries to overfill your hand to make you discard.
So Quick Trip says:
Order - Begin your Discard Excess Cards segment (you may keep any number of cards in hand)
But when you begin this segment don't you have then discard down to 7. Because the following sentence is in parentheses, it makes it sound like the ability to keep more than seven cards in hand is because I began my Discard Excess Card segment. That is obviously not an effect of starting that segment.

Shouldn't it be:

Order - Skip you Discard Excess Card Segment and end your turn. (This causes you to keep any number of cards in hand)

?
Thanks
:D

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
TyKajada wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:50 pm Shouldn't it be:

Order - Skip you Discard Excess Card Segment and end your turn. (This causes you to keep any number of cards in hand)
That particular order went through some major wording changes. At first it was "Skip your Discard Excess Cards phase this turn.". Then it became "End your turn. (You are not required to complete the Discard Excess Cards segment this turn.)". And then finally it became the wording on the card as it exists. The intent never changed. Rules signed off on this wording doing what we wanted it to do.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
TyKajada wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:02 pm .

I have a Dom rainbow deck with Subjugated Planet HQ as reference to play against with any deck I build. Speed decks are nice, but also the extra card draws can help your big interference deck... if you're lucky.

It's not only a matter of the deck but also dilemma pile:

3x Becalmed
3x More Gravy than of Grave
3x Morphogenic Virus
3x Racial Tension
+
Lots of Event destruction to get rid of that awful Audacious Assault/Mobilization Points.

As a side effect this also helps nicely against Smuggling Klingons...
+1 on everything about the dilemma pile.

I found one of the best decks to compete against NeuNeuDominion is NeuDominion.
Most of the Subjugated Planet builds aren't able to get the additional 15 pts without doing a fourth mission, which takes away their speed advantage.
Also since both players benefit from Mobilization Points, you're on a more level playing field with high cost Jemmies.
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]