Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Span Total Required? That doesn't actually make sense, does it?

I mean, we all know what it means (i.e. range required, because they're all in reference to a ship moving, and ships don't have Span, but Range), but it's not actually right, right?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Danny wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:06 am Span Total Required? That doesn't actually make sense, does it?

I mean, we all know what it means (i.e. range required, because they're all in reference to a ship moving, and ships don't have Span, but Range), but it's not actually right, right?
Ask Decipher. They started that shit.

Then again, TATV was late Decipher era so it's probably Brad's fault. :wink:

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
The ship must have adequate range remaining. Add the span numbers of the mission from which the ship is moving and the mission to which the ship is moving. If the two missions have different quadrant icons, add two. If the two missions have the same “Region: X” keyword, subtract two. The ship’s remaining range must be equal to or greater than this total.
I don't know if the rulebook wording in this area was updated after the cards were made, but the rulebook seems to say that the range is subtracted against the total of the span. (I prefer the 1e wording of range required, but given that moving was one of the major changes between editions, I can see a reason for a different term.)
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation