Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
This came up in a recent game:

My opponent was playing Dominion, had three non-headquarters missions that had Strength in the regular requirements, and Rescue Prisoners of War.

They played Crom and went to download three personnel. I said they couldn't, because RPoW only requires Strength when it's being attempted.

They said that in a different recent game they'd been told they could use Crom to download. Like a gent, they took my word for it, and didn't do the download.

But for my own peace of mind, was I right? Crom doesn't trigger with RPoW, right?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Danny wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:43 am This came up in a recent game:

My opponent was playing Dominion, had three non-headquarters missions that had Strength in the regular requirements, and Rescue Prisoners of War.

They played Crom and went to download three personnel. I said they couldn't, because RPoW only requires Strength when it's being attempted.

They said that in a different recent game they'd been told they could use Crom to download. Like a gent, they took my word for it, and didn't do the download.

But for my own peace of mind, was I right? Crom doesn't trigger with RPoW, right?
Correct. Modal requirements are only active during a mission attempt at that mission using them (they aren't even active if you attempt a modal mission "the regular way"). Since you aren't attempting RPOW using the modal requirements when you play Crom, he can't see the alternate requirements and thus can't do his download.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Armus wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:06 amCorrect. Modal requirements are only active during a mission attempt at that mission using them (they aren't even active if you attempt a modal mission "the regular way"). Since you aren't attempting RPOW using the modal requirements when you play Crom, he can't see the alternate requirements and thus can't do his download.

Phew. Peace of mind restored. Thanks :thumbsup:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation