Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
[Car] 4 •Quark, In Love
[Stf] Ferengi
[SD] Acquisition [SD] Anthropology [SD] Diplomacy [SD] Engineer [SD] Programming
Dissident. Smuggler. To play this personnel, you must command three [Car] Dissidents. When your [Car] Dissident present is selected by a dilemma, you may replace him or her with this personnel. You may do this only once each dilemma.
"If anyone tries to harm her, they're going to have to deal with me."
Integrity 6 Cunning 6 Strength 4
58 V 23

Pro:
  • Another species to add to the [Car] 'menagerie' (bringing the total number of different species to seven) diluting Intimidation's potency against them a small amount.
  • Another Acquisition personnel for the [Car] (and the first non-Treachery one too).
  • Cool shenanigans game text which works on any selection made by a dilemma, not just random ones.
Con:
  • Is he too expensive, when compared to the rest of his cadre? The Defective Clone costs the same, but has one more skill, +1 Integrity, a Gold star, and cost reducing text, while Jack Crusher has the same number of skills, +2 on the attributes, covers a greater range of personnel (rather than a subset) and costs 1 less.
  • With a high cost and focussed game text, he already wasn't a candidate to be splashed in every [Car] deck, so his "to play" prerequisite seems a little unnecessary. Could've shaved off nine words, and still had a similar effect.
Question:
  • Is the "You may do this only once each dilemma" redundant? If it's not, does that mean I can use the game text on the other replacers more than once a dilemma?
Overall:
  • I think his +'s outweigh his -'s, and although I can't see him being in the first pull by Iliana, he'd definitively be in the second. 6.5/10.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:10 am
Question:
  • Is the "You may do this only once each dilemma" redundant? If it's not, does that mean I can use the game text on the other replacers more than once a dilemma?
I think that this would prevent Quark from being used twice on dilemmas that have two separate “trigger” actions? Whereas the others you could theoretically use once per trigger (so, yes)? My guess is that in playtesting someone found a combo that would allow him to get unstopped and reused without this text, leading to nobody getting stopped instead of two.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
He costs the same as Cha'dich Picard who has the same ability. He has one more skill and 2 less Integrity and Strength with the same Cunning.

Seems more or less fair.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Danny wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:10 am ...although I can't see him being in the first pull by Iliana...
I would 100% pull him with Iliana. With a printed cost of 4, that's a good savings.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:46 am
Danny wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:10 am ...although I can't see him being in the first pull by Iliana...
I would 100% pull him with Iliana. With a printed cost of 4, that's a good savings.

Yeah, but as I said, he might not be in the first pull, but definitely the second.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:26 am He costs the same as Cha'dich Picard who has the same ability. He has one more skill and 2 less Integrity and Strength with the same Cunning.

Seems more or less fair.

This just tells me that the Cha'dich is overcosted.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Danny wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:43 am
Armus wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:26 am He costs the same as Cha'dich Picard who has the same ability. He has one more skill and 2 less Integrity and Strength with the same Cunning.

Seems more or less fair.

This just tells me that the Cha'dich is overcosted.
No, he's really not.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:44 amNo, he's really not.

Well, he’s too rich for my blood.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Okay. Totes stand corrected.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation