Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Since it’s been asked before elsewhere, I’m gonna preemptively answer the question of how Ilia can have Telepathy if she’s an Android here.

How does a Deltan have telepathy? If there is a biological process that grants telepathy, there is probably a way to artificially reproduce it given advanced enough technology. In any event the movie makes explicitly clear that the android V'ger created using the original Ilia had "even the smallest body functions … exactly duplicated" by its mechanisms and thus has the original’s biological functions, knowledge, etc. In game terms we decided that should include her original persona's Telepathy, even if it is a skill which Androids normally don't (and otherwise shouldn’t) have.

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
karonofborg13 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:46 pm
Maybe spoiler season(s) for Trek should move up their timetables as that model seems to be working for the oldest and still commercially viable CCG on the market?

Just to be sure I understand, what are you suggesting would be the concrete difference between what we do and that model, besides the terminology? Would we hold off on allowing printing for a week? No pdf, no ability to populate a new deck on the deckbuilder between full spoilerage and “release?”

Essentially, let’s use the next 1E expansion (the second one of the TMP movie block) as an example.

If the ‘release date’ the CC has selected was scheduled to be Friday, September 30th, under the current model spoilers would finish on Thursday the 29th (after about a two week period) at 11 pm central time and the set would be printable on the 30th but not legal for sanctioned events until October 7th.

My potential suggestion (in following the window MtG uses) would in that case, start spoilers two weeks earlier than the 16th, on or about the week of September 1st or September 5th-9th with the full file going up not once spoilers are done, but, on the day of tournament legality (if the CC targeted that to be the 30th then the 30th…if October 7th, then the 7th).

Does that explain it?

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
I've questions about Joachim, Sensible Challenger

• Has the space between the words in his game text been reduced to get his text to fit in the frame?
A liiiiitle but. Yeah. Unfortunately, the idea of Khan folks learning from their mistakes took a few more words that we expected. Plus another line for the keyword. And that was before Proofing asked for more words. It’s something I for one will be more cognizant of in the future.
  • As he reads "Remove each revealed dilemma that has a copy beneath your planet mission from the game" rather than missions, does that mean he only looks at one mission when using his text?
    • For example, I've completed Mission A and Mission B, and use his ability. I reveal two dilemmas, and have a copy of one beneath Mission A and a copy of the other beneath Mission B - do I remove both from the game, or just the one?
“Each” is singular, so we’re just looking at each revealed dilemma one by one. Is there an individual planet mission that sports a copy of that dilemma? If so, chuck it. I think putting an “s” on there would probably mean the same thing, but it could also be grammatically confusing.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Given the episode that James T. Kirk, Self-Proclaimed Enemy Spy is from, what was the thought process that prevented him from being able to use his ability on Stolen Cloaking Device?

Or, a little less snarkily, why the choice of restricting to non-Unique equipment?

From the files, that was a late addition to the card and I searched for where it came from, but don’t remember specifically. (Sorry. Lots of iterations of cards and I have a maximum amount of bandwidth, I guess.) Ben, do you remember? I remember that that exact point was raised in a meeting, which is why the question doesn’t seem snarky at all to me.

EDIT: [Down] That was it!

If I recall correctly, that was the result of a request/suggestion from Rules because they didn't want to get into a situation where an equipment could end up with nobody commanding it. So it was decided that we should pick between 'that you don't command' or 'non-unique', with Rules' suggestion being the latter. If it was only cards you didn't command, that'd mean a lot of useful common equipment like ETUs that you might also be running couldn't be stolen if you already had one. Conversely, the list of unique equipment was comparatively a much smaller list, and a large chunk of that was fairly useless to affiliations/decks they weren't designed for. Stolen Cloaking Device was in fact an example I recall bringing up at the time of a somewhat thematic thing (it's already been stolen once at that point, but still...) we'd lose if we went non-unique; but because nobody has used that since 2015/2016, and so isn't likely to be something you're gonna steal that with Kirk anyways, I didn't think that was a major issue either way.

Comparing the two options, letting you get doubles of stuff you're most likely to see/want instead of letting you grab stuff from the comparatively smaller list won the internal vote on what to pick between the two.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
After reviewing the cards this past weekend, this set is Meh. The Focus on Khan was not great. I feel Khan is still horrible to play after testing it against muliple headquaters decks. I'm not sure what the direction you guys were going with it but it just doesn't work. I feel it's time to REBOOT Khan altogether! Get rid of the cards you've made and just REBOOT the shit cards you've made! 2013 was the worse year in your "2E" cards history. 2022 is getting close to matching it. Let's hope the [Vid] set will make old and new players proud and continue the legacy Decipher made for the game...

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
StateofSTCCG wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:02 am After reviewing the cards this past weekend, this set is Meh. The Focus on Khan was not great. I feel Khan is still horrible to play after testing it against muliple headquaters decks. I'm not sure what the direction you guys were going with it but it just doesn't work. I feel it's time to REBOOT Khan altogether! Get rid of the cards you've made and just REBOOT the shit cards you've made! 2013 was the worse year in your "2E" cards history. 2022 is getting close to matching it. Let's hope the [Vid] set will make old and new players proud and continue the legacy Decipher made for the game...
I'm sorry... 2013 and 2022 are the worst years?

Did you forget 2010? How many cards from Peak Performance have gotten at least one and sometimes multiple errata?

Perspective, my dude.

And here I am defending the current regime again. You gotta quit making me do that with your bad takes!

Also, when are we gonna hear about your shiny new format that makes everything better? I'm still waiting ...
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
PP was a bad set I agree. The year 2010 was not. Many players will say they still loved the game. 2013 changed the game forever. That's when The CC started losing it's fanbase. I've talked with many people and they point to the year 2013.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Keeping mind I wasn't around until very recently:

I just went and took a look at 2013. Here's what I see that's had major impacts:
  • Provoke Interstellar Incident (to me, this is the item from that year that actually is most “bad for the game” and does most need "fixing")
  • Adopted Authority
  • Khan
  • Relativity
There's only one thing that list has in common with 2022. So the question is, why does Khan rub you in such a wrong way? And if it's so bad, why is it so wrong to try and fix it? I mean, in my opinion it sucks that, for example, Borg assimilation is such a non-factor. But is it destroying the game and causing players to leave and stay away? I would think it would be hyperbole to say so in both cases. Especially given the fact that other things are things.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation