Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
[H] •Cardassia Prime, Bastion of Resistance
[AQ]
You may play [Car] Dissidents, [NA] Dissidents, and [Car] ships, and equipment at this mission.
Region: Cardassia System.
You cannot command another headquarters mission.
Order - If you command two completed missions worth 30 points each, flip this mission.
Cardassian Headquarters
Span 2
58 V 10
[P] •Cardassia Prime, Storm the Castle
[AQ] 10
2 Leadership, a Hand Weapon, Cunning>20, and 4 Dissidents
Region: Cardassia System.
You may play [Car] Dissidents, [NA] Dissidents at cost +1, and equipment at this mission. When you complete this mission, score 5 points for each copy of For Cardassia! you own that has been removed from the game.
[Car]
Span 2
58 V 10*

Pro: Con:
  • With 14 different [Car] Dissidents (12 Unique, 2 Non-unique) and 8 different [NA] Dissidents (7 Unique, 1 Non-Unique), the choice of available personnel* is fairly narrow. This might in turn make the missions that are available and chosen fairly narrow in scope too.
  • I think the maths works out as
    • (30+FC!(10)=40) + (30+FC!(10)=40) + (StC!(10) + two removed FC!(10)=20) = 100, or
    • (30+FC!(10)=40) + (30) + (StC!(10) +FC!(10) + two removed FC!(10)=30) = 100
      • This means any interrupt prevention/hand shenanigans is going to make this a 4 mission win deck.
Question:
  • Nothing at the moment - everything seems self explanatory.
Overall:
  • As it stands, with a small card pool of personnel to choose from and no native interrupt protection, I don't think it's for me, but then as more cards are revealed, maybe these two quibbles will change. ATM, it's a 5/10.
* at time of writing

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Don't forget that Cardissidents have access to Mila (one of the best interrupt preventors out there), so your interrupts might not be as unprotected as you think.

Also losing your For Cardassias to interrupt prevention still wouldn't neccessarily make it a 4 mission win deck.
As Richard mentioined in the article, you could still go 30 + 30 + 40.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:16 am Don't forget that Cardissidents have access to Mila (one of the best interrupt preventors out there), so your interrupts might not be as unprotected as you think.

Good point, well presented.

monty42 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:16 amAlso losing your For Cardassias to interrupt prevention still wouldn't neccessarily make it a 4 mission win deck.
As Richard mentioined in the article, you could still go 30 + 30 + 40.

True, but as suggested, it's the Hail Mary. No one's really looking to do that, are they?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
Danny wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:28 amTrue, but as suggested, it's the Hail Mary. No one's really looking to do that, are they?
Probably not.
Although if you're using the 40 point Vulcans for support, it might not be as far fetched as you think.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:12 am
Danny wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:28 amTrue, but as suggested, it's the Hail Mary. No one's really looking to do that, are they?
Probably not.
Although if you're using the 40 point Vulcans for support, it might not be as far fetched as you think.

It should be noted that the ((30+10)+(30+10)+X=100) or even the 30+30+40 can be done from a regular Cardassian HQ too...

Does Bastion of Resistance make it any easier/more appealing?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
Danny wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:02 amIt should be noted that the ((30+10)+(30+10)+X=100) or even the 30+30+40 can be done from a regular Cardassian HQ too...

Does Bastion of Resistance make it any easier/more appealing?
I would say no it doesn't.
If anything, it probably makes it harder because it significantly reduces the amount of personnel you're able to use.
It's definitely not for everybody but I do see people relishing that challenge.

And let's not forget that this set is based on submissions from the community.
It's not neccessarily something that the game needed or even something that's ever gonna provide a viable alternative to something that's already there.

However now that it's here, I do see possibilities to further explore this idea in the future.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
You do get two missions as a backup to your main strategy, not just one, so if your main plan of solving two 30-point missions with For Cardassia! and then solving Storm the Castle falls through, you can choose which other mission to solve based on what you have available at the time.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Danny wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:47 am Con:
  • With 14 different [Car] Dissidents (12 Unique, 2 Non-unique) and 8 different [NA] Dissidents (7 Unique, 1 Non-Unique), the choice of available personnel* is fairly narrow.
Kira Nerys, Starfleet Emissary can also play there. And while he can't play, if he's discarded from the top of your deck Tajor can place there too.

Still a small pool of personnel I agree. But a couple more options.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
MattgomeryScott wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:33 am Kira Nerys, Starfleet Emissary can also play there.

I think if you're playing this HQ, you're playing this Kira.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Danny wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:58 pm
MattgomeryScott wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:33 am Kira Nerys, Starfleet Emissary can also play there.

I think if you're playing this HQ, you're playing this Kira.
Fair point. She is rather a linchpin. :D

Although, her ability hurts the narrow points margin you're playing with. And there's nothing saying you can't have a Brief Reunion with Kira Nerys, Iliana Ghemor , before the Starfleet Emissary takes over to help with missions. :shifty:

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
MattgomeryScott wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:19 pmAnd there's nothing saying you can't have a Brief Reunion with Kira Nerys, Iliana Ghemor , before the Starfleet Emissary takes over to help with missions. :shifty:
Oooooh, I like that idea a lot! :thumbsup:
Question for noob

To his location (but anywhere at that location - p[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]