Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
I'm seeking inspiration by considering unexpected dilemma synergy.

For example, pickpocket is pretty good when when you can rig the top card of their deck with the caretaker's guests.

And dragon's teeth is really strong when you feed your opponent with extra draws from dominion cardassia.

What else you got?

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
You mean synergy between the deck and the dilemma pile? Weyoun along with choose-a-personnel dilemmas (like He Wasn't Nice is an old favorite of mine. It can set up various dilemmas which require skills, if you can track properly.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Currently I'm liking the use of all sorts of card draw interrupts to draw into eachother, feeding the Macrovirus to eradicate entire crews...
It's even funnier when the virus is spread by the Avenger(s). 8)

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
One of my personal favs is using Swashbuckler at Heart to both clear my opponent's hand of cheater Interrupts (and clog the top of their deck redrawing them), and to feed into dilemmas that you can boost by discarding like Excalbian Drama with the extra draws you get. Many times those two cards are all you need to make those dilemmas work.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
flrazor wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:18 am One of my personal favs is using Swashbuckler at Heart to both clear my opponent's hand of cheater Interrupts (and clog the top of their deck redrawing them), and to feed into dilemmas that you can boost by discarding like Excalbian Drama with the extra draws you get. Many times those two cards are all you need to make those dilemmas work.
Nice! It occurs to me that more cards in the opponent’s hand = more chance of hitting with swashbuckler, and also The Needs of the Many.

I searched for other dilemmas that reference the hand. With more cards in hand:

Logical Solution becomes marginally stronger
Memory Invasion, I get more choice about what to discard from your hand
Same for the clown: Ultimatum
On Foreign Ground has a harsher penalty for avoiding the choice kill
Shared Hallucination is stronger
Dragon’s Teeth is godlike

And if they get into the habit of playing / discarding quick there’s less fuel for their dilemmas like A taste of Armageddon.

I think there’s something here, certainly some reason to look at some less frequently played dilemmas.

Pity that it’s the strongest current HQ that provides the easiest way of adding cards to the hand.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
If you want your opponent drawing before their mission attempt, New Life is your friend, @Fritzinger.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
monty42 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:44 pm Currently I'm liking the use of all sorts of card draw interrupts to draw into eachother, feeding the Macrovirus to eradicate entire crews...
It's even funnier when the virus is spread by the Avenger(s). 8)
I think Sensor Sweep is the GOAT here. Have one in hand, use it to chain and download the others, plus one more, like Full Throttle. Four dead, one card used from hand.

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fritzinger wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:17 am
flrazor wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:18 am One of my personal favs is using Swashbuckler at Heart to both clear my opponent's hand of cheater Interrupts (and clog the top of their deck redrawing them), and to feed into dilemmas that you can boost by discarding like Excalbian Drama with the extra draws you get. Many times those two cards are all you need to make those dilemmas work.
Nice! It occurs to me that more cards in the opponent’s hand = more chance of hitting with swashbuckler...
Just remember that the draws from Swashbuckler happen regardless of if your opponent has Interrupts in hand or not, it's not a qualifying condition. You're trading two counters of Dilemma for 2 draws out of turn and making sure they have no Interrupts in hand for whatever you are sending them next.
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]