Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
[Fed] 2 Andro
[Stf] [TNG] [AU] Cardassian
•Astrometrics •2 Navigation •Officer
Order
– Discard the top two cards of your deck and place this personnel on top of his owner's deck to unstop up to two of your stopped [AU][TNG] personnel present who each has a cost of 3 or more.
"Aye, sir."
Integrity 5 Cunning 5 Strength 5
58 V 27

Pro:
  • First non-unique for the game with 2 Navigation (and if a dilemma's going to require Navigation, there's a 1-in-3 chance it'll require 2 Navigation).
  • New species for [TNG] (something I like to look at as a big fan of Shore Leave)
Con:
  • Unsure how useful his ability is - it's similar to Furel and Rudolph Ransom's and I don't think I've ever seen them it used, so either the situation for the ability hasn't arisen or the ability's just not power enough. Maybe if it was during a mission attempt, or unstopped more than two, who knows?
Question:
  • Is his name a purposeful anagram of 'Rando'? :wink:
Overall:
  • As stated above, I'd probably put him in a Shore Leave deck (for his species and skills), but wouldn't specifically put him in a deck for his unstopping text. 6/10.
Last edited by Danny on Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Oh you’ve definitely seen Ransom’s ability used before when we tested for Caretaker, for what it’s worth. :P I think his ability is amazing in niche scenarios where you’ve on your last dilemma and are just short on stats or one stopped skill stick.

Andro and Furel’s variations on the ability seem better suited to enabling multiple attempts when you can afford to hold them back and don’t quite have enough to do two viable groups if the first fails.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Gorgo Primus wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:29 am Oh you’ve definitely seen Ransom’s ability used before when we tested for Caretaker, for what it’s worth. :P I think his ability is amazing in niche scenarios where you’ve on your last dilemma and are just short on stats or one stopped skill stick.

Good point. In my mind I had Rudy's down as a post-attempt Order too, hence the comparison. Rudy's is superior in that respect - like you say, clutch in an attempt where you're a skill/stat short to complete.

Gorgo Primus wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:29 amAndro and Furel’s variations on the ability seem better suited to enabling multiple attempts when you can afford to hold them back and don’t quite have enough to do two viable groups if the first fails.

That's probably a failing on my checkers/chess gameplay style. Might have to give that some consideration on future planet attempts.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Danny wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:23 am Question:
  • Is his name a purposeful anagram of 'Rando'? :wink:
Ha! I hadn't noticed that. I sure hope that's what Creative did. His playtest name was "Random Cardie."

First: One of the new villains Last: Burnham (doin[…]

Temporal Benefactor questions

3) only the regular skills are shared

So with the new version of The Final Frontier , i[…]

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]