Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
[Fed] 4 •Deanna Troi, Par'Mach'kai
[Stf] [TNG] [AU] Betazoid/Human
•Anthropology •Diplomacy •Honor •Telepathy
While your [AU][TNG] personnel present who costs 3 or more is facing a dilemma, destroy your Quantum Incursions to have him or her gain a skill of your choice until the end of that dilemma.
"I heard what happened on the bridge. Are you all right?"
Integrity 6 Cunning 5 Strength 4
58 V 28

Pro:
  • Good ability. I've found TNG has no problem gaining skills someone already has (INALC, PUtB, Security Drills, etc) but there are fewer instances to gain new skills, and the costs/hoops to jump through to gain those skills are higher (as it should be): Richard Castillo and Jocelyn LoPresti are the only two that spring to mind.
Con:
  • She's got the exact same skills as another persona of herself. Seems like a missed opportunity not swap something out/something in (a critique I had levelled at a set I worked on when presenting the Steadfast Elder).
  • Again (like Quark) I think she's a little overcosted (but that might just be me); she has the same stats and skills as the Ship's Counselor but is 2 more counters to play. Surely the cost of her ability should be linked to the drawing, playing and destroying of one's Quantum Incursions rather than the cost to play her?
Question:
  • Unusual decision to not make the star power of the revealed trio CotD?
Overall:
  • Like Saturn, I'm pleased and interested to see cards try and pull cards from the binder. Her ability's welcome too. She'll definitely make the first pass of the next [AU] [TNG] deck I make. 6.5/10.

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I think it’s worth pointing out that most of the [AU] [TNG] cards specifically work with personnel who cost four or more, so her costing two more than her other persona isn’t necessarily a bad thing even if you do believe she’s slightly overcosted.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Gorgo Primus wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:41 am I think it’s worth pointing out that most of the [AU] [TNG] cards specifically work with personnel who cost four or more, so her costing two more than her other persona isn’t necessarily a bad thing even if you do believe she’s slightly overcosted.

I did think that, but then I also thought that that only applies to the Yesterday's Enterprise "Battleship" Crew (and even then a couple of them realise they're expensive, so have cost reducing text (Battleship Doctor and Requesting a Transfer)). It wouldn't have hurt to have her be a) cost 3, or b) a cost -1 trigger. There's plenty of room there.

The Parallels Worf, Ogawa, and Andro don't trigger on cost 4 nor cost 4 themselves.

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]