Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
[NA] 3 •Joachim, Sensible Challenger
[Stf] [Pa] Human
•Engineer •Navigation •Officer •Science •Security
Genetically Enhanced.
Order
– Lose 5 points to reveal cards from the top of an opponent's dilemma pile equal to the number of your completed planet missions. Remove each revealed dilemma that has a copy beneath your planet mission from the game. That opponent shuffles their dilemma pile.
Integrity 4 Cunning 8 Strength 7
58 V 35

Pro:
  • High Cunning and Strength for 3 cost
  • Another Navigation for the [NA] G.E. community
Con:
  • Not aesthetically pleasing - it looks like the spacing between words in his game text has been reduced a little, plus it's closer to the margins of the box. If space is so tight that you've got to do both those things, either drop a skill or make a change. Anything else looks forced.
Thoughts:
  • This is definitely not an Order you want to be using after you've completed one mission
    (as it would essentially read "Lose 5 points to reveal the top card of an opponent's dilemma pile. Remove each revealed dilemma that has a copy beneath your planet mission from the game. That opponent shuffles their dilemma pile.")
    , so probably something to use just before your last attempt.
Question:
  • He reads "...beneath your planet mission from the game": does that mean if I reveal two dilemmas, and one is under Mission A and one's under Mission B, I can only choose to remove one?
Overall:
  • I think his rating it dependent on the answer to the question - if he only looks at the dilemmas beneath one completed his when using his ability, then I can think of better ways to spend 5 points, and he's just a warm body for an attempt, and a 5/10. If he looks at all the completed missions, that might be a little better.
  • It's interesting he doesn't stop nor is limited to once per turn - I wonder if there's any merit in using his ability four times (so burning through 20 points) just before you attempt your fourth 30-point planet mission (having completed three other 30-point planet missions) FTW?

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
I think the answer is you can remove multiple dilemmas.

Shame his ability doesn't help against Quarren Labor Shortage, which might have made this card's ability at least slightly useful, a card which doesn't go under your mission.

As it is, losing 5 points to potentially do nothing except shuffle your opponent's dilemma pile?

Of all the Genetically Enhanced personnel (or adjacent, such as Chekov) introduced in this set, this is the least useful, which is a shame as Joachim should have been awesome. 2/10 from me.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
nickyank wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:21 am I think the answer is you can remove multiple dilemmas.

Yeah, you can remove multiple dilemmas if they're all beneath the same mission, but does he look under all your missions (plural)?

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
nickyank wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:35 am I'd say yes as the first sentence is plant missions, plural

That first sentence determines how many you reveal. The second sentence (singular) tells you where to look to check.

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
Danny wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:41 am
Con:
  • Not aesthetically pleasing - it looks like the spacing between words in his game text has been reduced a little, plus it's closer to the margins of the box. If space is so tight that you've got to do both those things, either drop a skill or make a change. Anything else looks forced.
Indeed. Cutting Science would be the better solution.
Furthermore the whole gametext starts too far left. Including the skill dots. That's what happens when you let a mindless computer do the work instead of a human with an eye for details. And for all other "newer" cards from Set 53 until today: it is the fault of the still bad programmed Cardcreator. Something I critizid since its introduction. But the lazy programmer is not willing to fix it.
The misalignment of the text in the species/card type box is quite obvious.

Examples? The "g" from Borg now almost sticking out of the box
Compare
https://www.trekcc.org/2e/index.php?cardID=5038
with
https://www.trekcc.org/2e/index.php?cardID=2368
click for an back and you can see it. I also made a short video but cannot upload it here, but it is available here for one week

Or click for and back from
Reclaim Terok Nor
Every text is missplaced and you can see it best in the card type box. Event is wandering the most.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Oof! This card is HORRIBLE! Just stop with the To Rule In Hell/Khan! You guys need a damn REBOOT!

[Door]

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
StateofSTCCG wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:03 pm Oof! This card is HORRIBLE! Just stop with the To Rule In Hell/Khan! You guys need a damn REBOOT!

[Door]
I heard you have a good one. Too bad you never bothered to respond to my PM asking to share.

I'm not the biggest fan of the current administration either, but when you claim you have a better mouse trap then don't share it, it's hard to give you any credibility.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
StateofSTCCG wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:29 pm Not sure what PM you're talking about but :thumbsup:
I sent you a PM on June 6th asking about your Frontier Format. I'd very much like to know more.

Offer still stands.
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]