Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By TReebel (Ted Reebel)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
When I play a copy of Augmentation Naming a Personnel what happens if that copy of Augmentation get destroyed? Does the Named Personnel still keep the Genetically Enhanced Keyword even if they aren't in Play, or do they lose the keyword?

Thanks for any help on this

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
When the source of something is lost, the benefit is also lost.
In your example, when the event is gone, the Keyword is gone.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
This can be beneficial. If you name a non-unique and manage to drop three of those personnel on CAV, Augmentation can be destroyed, replayed and new personnel can be named.

(Of course, this means having 3-9 non-Genetically Enhanced folk in the deck to begin with, but it can help with some skill gaps.)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
durgforaday wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:29 am Is there a way for you to destroy your own Augmentation!? Asking for a friend! :cheersL:
Off the top of my head...

Navaar
The Blight
Grav-plating Trap

Probably a bunch of others that I'm not thinking of, but such is life when you're posting while working... :P

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Enabran wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:55 pm Gentleman, he is asking for a way to discard his own Augmentation. How shall he use Cellular Peptide Cake or The Blight?

Easy and useful cards are
A Q scorned
Grav-Plating Trap
Kevin Uxbridge
Moment of Triumph
Tacking into the wind
I think he's looking for a way to remove his own Augmentation from play to play another one and let more people play to CAV.

You're probably right that The Blight isn't the best option in a Khan deck, but CPC is actually a great solution since you can bounce CPC to hand then immediately replay it.

And with the Replicate keyword, if he has multiple extra events in hand, there's no limit the the number of times he could play it.

Hmmm... that's giving me some crazy ideas, but probably not until after Worlds (I'm not THAT crazy... at least not yet... :shifty: )

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
....To play this event, you must command a Klingon. ...

So you have first to play Augmentation, to play a Klingon, to play your Peptide cake. Good luck with that kind of deck.
Second Edition Balance Manager
 - Second Edition Balance Manager
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
As always, my friends, you are most helpful and give the best guidance and advice…….for my friend of course, I would never be involved with such a deck! :shifty: :cheersL:
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
1E American National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Enabran wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:38 pm ....To play this event, you must command a Klingon. ...

So you have first to play Augmentation, to play a Klingon, to play your Peptide cake. Good luck with that kind of deck.
Get a TOS ship and then you can report Worf, Clandestine Staffer

Plus, you can get other DS9 people that way if you really want...

Michael,
silly deck maker

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Enabran wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:38 pm ....To play this event, you must command a Klingon. ...

If you draw Augmentation and CPC you can play the Klingon and start the whole cycle.

As long as you have events to discard you can keep the party going.

You telling me Gonik wouldn't make a great addition to a Khan deck (and once you have one of them in play, *ANYONE* could make a great addition to a Khan deck.

Besides, it's not like there aren't Genetically Enhanced Klingons in the usable source material if Design decides to ever go in that direction...

Is it a Worlds winner? Probably not (at least not currently) (Though watch MVB @The Ninja Scot try to pull it off now), but it's not completely implausible either, and I daresay it might be a fun experiment!
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
1E American National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:26 pm

If you draw Augmentation and CPC you can play the Klingon and start the whole cycle.

You telling me Gonik wouldn't make a great addition to a Khan deck (and once you have one of them in play, *ANYONE* could make a great addition to a Khan deck.

Besides, it's not like there aren't Genetically Enhanced Klingons in the usable source material if Design decides to ever go in that direction...

Is it a Worlds winner? Probably not (at least not currently) (Though watch MVB @The Ninja Scot try to pull it off now), but it's not completely implausible either, and I daresay it might be a fun experiment!
Currently, you can't report any other affiliation (besides [NA]) to Ceti Alpha V using To Rule In Hell. That's why you have to go through hoops to get Cellular Peptide Cake to work in a Khan deck as there are no [NA] Klingons in 2E at this time.

Michael

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The Ninja Scot wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:01 pm
Armus wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:26 pm

Currently, you can't report any other affiliation (besides [NA]) to Ceti Alpha V using To Rule In Hell. That's why you have to go through hoops to get Cellular Peptide Cake to work in a Khan deck as there are no [NA] Klingons in 2E at this time.

Michael
No reason Klingon Augments can't be [NA]...

This can happen if Design wants it to be able to happen.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]