Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

Have you played a headquarters that only one (or three) personnel can report to?

Yes, I have and it was awesome!
50%
Yes, I have and it sucked!
25%
No, but it sounds neat maybe I'll try it.
No votes
0%
No and I'm not interested.
25%
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through the week. Since we are over the hump, let's look at a question!

Last week: Don't be Draft, Man!
10-5-22 Worlds 2022 Mini Draft
9-28-22 September 2022 Grab Your Deck Results
9-21-22 It's September 12022, Grab Your Deck!
9-14-22 Moving the Needle on Khan
9-7-22 The Menagerie of Madness
8-31-22 UnderDissident
8-24-22 Last Week Today!
8-17-22 Euro Continentals 2020 Mini Stockwatch
8-10-22 The Menagmiss
8-3-22 In Honor of Nichelle Nichols
7/27/22 The Menagaboost
7-20-22 Androids Vs. Romulans
7-13-22 A Menagerie of Benefits
7-6-22 Classification Civilian: Questions from Bob
6-29-22 Mission Condition
6-22-22 There But for the Grace of Main
6-15-22 Starcorder
6-8-22 Forever a Thief
6-1-22 Handful versus individual
5-25-22Masters May 2022 Mini Stockwatch
5-18-22 Mad-Lib a Number
5-11-22 Fifty underdogs
5-4-22 Fighting NeuNeuDominion
4-27-22 Mad-Lib a Card
4-20-22 The Middle of a Man
4-13-22 Committee Follow Up
4-6-22 Sub-Optimal
3-30-22 Consistently Inconsistent
3-23-22Twenty-Twenty First
3-16-22 Clash of Classification: Civilian Final
3-9-22 Clash of Classification: Civilian One Two and Three
3-2-22 Hall Of Fame 2022 With a Twist ... of Fate!
2-23-22 Classification: Civilian Page Wars Final
2-16-22Classification Civilian Page Wars One, Two and Three
2-9-22 Yakety yak
2-2-22Civilian vs. V.I.P.
1-26-22 When is a card not Picard
1-19-22 Staffing Concerns
1-12-22 Consistently Inconsistent
1-5-22 First Things First

At Worlds the other week, one deck played multiple headquarters, though one was there for the express purpose of playing one, and only one, personnel.

On one hand, this is a great way to expand your deck. Each affiliation can only do so much and they have their won weaknesses built in. Getting even one card from outside their 'color pie' can work wonders since they can get around a constructed weakness.

On the other, it is a very high cost. With only three missions, your options grow more limited and your opponent gets an easier path to prevent you from winning.

So let us know in the poll above and in the space below, have you ever played a headquarters that only one (or three) personnel can report to? What was it like? How did it work out?

Notre that we are looking at a veeeeery small number of personnel, three at the absolute max and no ships at all.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
When Sfreet and Interstellar Exigence came out, I built a triple HQ deck with a Star Trek V theme to it. There are only two [CF] Romulans that I know of, and they're both there to fill in the theme. The deck is interesting, but doesn't play very well.

I enjoyed playing against @Cmdr Xym's [Kli] [SF] deck. I thought the trick of using Charles Tucker III, Horse Trader as a cycling engine was neat!

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Years ago I played against a deck Nate made where he ran Ferenginar just for Brunt. I have no memory of how it turned out, but I recall thinking the idea was silly at the time. He definitely blew up a lot of events for cheap though…

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
I remember adding Qo'noS to a DS9 deck for the sole purpose of playing K'mtar to download No-Win Situation and Hindrance and being able to protect NWS using Defensive Upgrades.
I would then kill K'mtar using Hindrance to replay him until all the No-Win Situations were in play.
Guidance of the Council helped to quickly restock on K'mtar copied cuz DS9 has lots of Diplo.
The synergy was pretty good although it lacked a little reliability.

*edit: This was before the errata to Hindrance and Guidance of the Council

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
monty42 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:58 am I remember adding Qo'noS to a DS9 deck for the sole purpose of playing K'mtar to download No-Win Situation and Hindrance and being able to protect NWS using Defensive Upgrades.
I would then kill K'mtar using Hindrance to replay him until all the No-Win Situations were in play.
Guidance of the Council helped to quickly restock on K'mtar copied cuz DS9 has lots of Diplo.
The synergy was pretty good although it lacked a little reliability.

*edit: This was before the errata to Hindrance and Guidance of the Council
I did something similar once, but with Mirror Starfleet so Mirror Trip could protect No-Win. Mine was in the late days of physical sets, so Hindrance didn't exist yet, but I would take Alexander on mission attempts in the hopes of letting him get killed.

EDIT: I voted "Yes and it was awesome" because it was one of my better decks at the time. But from a game design standpoint, it's not awesome. Decipher assumed the reduction of attemptable missions would be a big downside for multi-HQ decks. In reality cutting a mission is no big deal as long as you build with a path to victory in mind.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Kaiser wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:48 pm I still consider riding my Ferengi Dabo deck that splashed in Malcolm Reed to the finals of the 2006 Grand Prix one of my fondest 2E memories.
I remember you wrecking me with that deck in an online chat game (AIM? ICQ? something...) back in 2006!
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]