Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through the week. Since we are over the hump, let's look at a question!

Last week: Pitch Me a Trip
10-19-22 Room for One More?
10-12-22 Don't be Draft, Man!
10-5-22 Worlds 2022 Mini Draft
9-28-22 September 2022 Grab Your Deck Results
9-21-22 It's September 12022, Grab Your Deck!
9-14-22 Moving the Needle on Khan
9-7-22 The Menagerie of Madness
8-31-22 UnderDissident
8-24-22 Last Week Today!
8-17-22 Euro Continentals 2020 Mini Stockwatch
8-10-22 The Menagmiss
8-3-22 In Honor of Nichelle Nichols
7/27/22 The Menagaboost
7-20-22 Androids Vs. Romulans
7-13-22 A Menagerie of Benefits
7-6-22 Classification Civilian: Questions from Bob
6-29-22 Mission Condition
6-22-22 There But for the Grace of Main
6-15-22 Starcorder
6-8-22 Forever a Thief
6-1-22 Handful versus individual
5-25-22Masters May 2022 Mini Stockwatch
5-18-22 Mad-Lib a Number
5-11-22 Fifty underdogs
5-4-22 Fighting NeuNeuDominion
4-27-22 Mad-Lib a Card
4-20-22 The Middle of a Man
4-13-22 Committee Follow Up
4-6-22 Sub-Optimal
3-30-22 Consistently Inconsistent
3-23-22Twenty-Twenty First
3-16-22 Clash of Classification: Civilian Final
3-9-22 Clash of Classification: Civilian One Two and Three
3-2-22 Hall Of Fame 2022 With a Twist ... of Fate!
2-23-22 Classification: Civilian Page Wars Final
2-16-22Classification Civilian Page Wars One, Two and Three
2-9-22 Yakety yak
2-2-22Civilian vs. V.I.P.
1-26-22 When is a card not Picard
1-19-22 Staffing Concerns
1-12-22 Consistently Inconsistent
1-5-22 First Things First

This isn't a done deal. I've confirmed that it is something we can do but by no means it is absolutely coming down the pipe.

The Affiliation HQ has a lot of affiliations on it as one might expect. One absence is the lack of a Holographic one. That is a decktype that we can track as the software can handle it, but should we add it to the page?

There are arguments to be made for it as it would be a helpful hub for someone looking to use that faction. Similarly, we would have enhanced tracking capabilities of how well it performs overall.

On the other hand, is there enough depth for it to warrant its own page? There are more than one way to play the deck but are there enough? Will it be filled with variants of the same handful of decks?

The question is open and it is a possibility; hit us with your most compelling argument!

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
I think Holograms should get their page, not necessary for them, but to separate them from the rest of the Non-Aligned decks.

While on the subject of the Affiliation HQ page, could Khan also get looked at, please - I can't help but find it difficult to believe that in the top 10 cards of a Khan deck, six of them can also be found in the Voyager section :? ()

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Well, y'all broomed the OG Athos IV and made the Holo HQ because y'all didn't want holes clogging up the Maquis HQ page... seems a bit asinine to do that and then *not* put them on the Affiliation HQ and track them doesn't it?

Why is this even a question? Slow news day?
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I also personally like the idea of this icon with a round boarder: ( [Holo] ). That might make it easier too. It's a symbol we already know the meaning of in the community and matches the color of likely the most common affiliation to be played there.

Edit: It's also a shame we don't have the Khan symbol available in our Smiles bank. Or the half-Fed, half-Future one for Relativity. Does that imply that the hologram one should be half-NA, half- [Holo] ?

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Well, that’s a symbol the 1E community already knows. I don’t have a strong preference one way or the other on it, but if art can come up with something cooler I’d have no issue using their creation instead. That 1E symbol doesn’t show up anywhere in our game (or in the show as a distinct thing associated with Holograms even, right?), so it isn’t any more or less clear as to what it’d mean to new or 2E exclusive players than anything else would be.

As for the [NA] of it all, Khan has to play only [NA] personnel whilst a ton of Holograms are [Fed], so I don’t think they need a half symbol any more than the KCA needed to have a half [Kli]. But I don’t think it’d mislead anyone if it did, so I’m alright either way.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Gorgo Primus wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:17 pm Well, that’s a symbol the 1E community already knows. I don’t have a strong preference one way or the other on it, but if art can come up with something cooler I’d have no issue using their creation instead. That 1E symbol doesn’t show up anywhere in our game (or in the show as a distinct thing associated with Holograms even, right?), so it isn’t any more or less clear as to what it’d mean to new or 2E exclusive players than anything else would be.
That's true. I'm certainly putting the cart before the horse even thinking about this, but I suppose a holodeck grid might be a recognizable in-universe symbol. I have immense trust in the Art folks to come up with something.

Regardless, I'm pro-Holo HQ page.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I like the idea of a Photonic Headquarters page, so i can figure out what i am doing wrong.

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
Not so the fan of the Olarra Icon...

Here is a more crisp version of the Holodeck version
Attachments:
Holo Olarra.gif
Holo Olarra.gif (6.72 KiB) Viewed 22354 times
Holo 2 Kopie.gif
Holo 2 Kopie.gif (7.02 KiB) Viewed 22354 times
1EFQ: Game of two halves