Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Balance Manager
 - Second Edition Balance Manager
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
Sorry to ask what I am sure has been asked before! If Voyager or Equinox have been placed on Where no one has gone before can you play personnel and equipment to the either ship while they are on the dilemma? If yes or no, why or why not? Thank you! :cheersL:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Off the top of my head, I don't think you can because they are not at a DQ mission while they are on WNOHGB.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
durgforaday wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:43 am Can you execute orders on individual personnel while they are on Voyager or Equinox while it is on Where no one has gone before? :cheersL:
Yup! That's why wheel-man Harry is awesome!

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:54 am
durgforaday wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:43 am Can you execute orders on individual personnel while they are on Voyager or Equinox while it is on Where no one has gone before? :cheersL:
mmmmh, so when I have faced Where No One Has Gone Before and fail, I fail the mission attempt and my personnel (including Harry) are stopped. I cannot use his order then. So I cannot report to the ship on the next turn, since it's still "out there"...

Unless... WNOHGB doesn't mention "stops personnel". Are personnel not stopped after you failed the dilemma?

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
TyKajada wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:05 pm mmmmh, so when I have faced Where No One Has Gone Before and fail, I fail the mission attempt and my personnel (including Harry) are stopped. I cannot use his order then. So I cannot report to the ship on the next turn, since it's still "out there"...

Unless... WNOHGB doesn't mention "stops personnel". Are personnel not stopped after you failed the dilemma?

They're not stopped by the dilemma nor by failing the mission, as:
A personnel who leaves a mission being attempted (no longer on that planet mission, no longer aboard the ship chosen for a space mission, or no longer at that mission) is removed from the mission attempt. An unstopped personnel removed from a mission attempt is not stopped unless an effect does so.
Last edited by Danny on Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
TyKajada wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:05 pm
mmmmh, so when I have faced Where No One Has Gone Before and fail, I fail the mission attempt and my personnel (including Harry) are stopped. I cannot use his order then. So I cannot report to the ship on the next turn, since it's still "out there"...

WNOHGB does NOT stop people.

It removes them from the attempt (all at once) and the attempt ends, but since they got removed from the attempt, they ALSO are NOT stopped from failing the mission attempt!

So you attempt a mission, get nailed by WNOHGB, but then wheel man Harry steers you back on course and you can continue exploring the Delta Quadrant!

Even better: He's immune to Dereliction of Duty!

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:26 pm
TyKajada wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:05 pm

WNOHGB does NOT stop people.

It removes them from the attempt (all at once) and the attempt ends, but since they got removed from the attempt, they ALSO are NOT stopped from failing the mission attempt!

So you attempt a mission, get nailed by WNOHGB, but then wheel man Harry steers you back on course and you can continue exploring the Delta Quadrant!

Even better: He's immune to Dereliction of Duty!
Plus, even if Harry got stopped somehow on the previous attempt, you can still use him on your next turn where otherwise you'd be stuck out in the aether with nothing to do to send the ship back.
Second Edition Balance Manager
 - Second Edition Balance Manager
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
Soooo…. You get hit by WNOHGB, can not get passed it, placed on it in your core, execute Wheel man Harry’s order if he is not stopped and you could be back at the same mission and reattempting that same turn if you have enough unstopped people!? Also, how do you get him on Equinox!? :cheersL:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation