Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
26 Days...

2 new sets (Matter of Time and Unnatural Selection)...

Any number of legacy cards...

What cards will make the 2023 Hall of Fame class? Tune in to find out!

Nominations open January 1st, 2023. Don't miss the opportunity to have your voice heard!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Looking at the 2 incoming sets, I see at least 3 cards I wouldn't mind seeing get the first ballot treatment.... what do y'all think?

As for older cards, what would you like to see get inducted this year?

Discuss!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I'm seeing Provoke Interstellar Incident, Torga IV, Strained Negotiations and Adopted Authority as potential 1st ballot retirees. Nothing else is jumping out, but I haven't looked to see if we produced any promos that year that could be retired.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
pfti wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:47 pm 100% would vote for those
Maggie got 2 out of my 3. I didn't have Torga IV (though I'm very open to voting for it).

My third was Preposterous Plan and the complete nonsense it enables with [TNG] decks. I'll be happy to vote for it and even happier if it gets its gold jacket this year.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:55 pm I don’t think there are any promos eligible this year.
I actually think that Hajur (or was the last standalone promo card the CC made, so now ALL standalone promo are eligible (though with Surprise Party retired, I'd be a bit surprised if any others got in... MAAAAAAYBE Indebtedness, but even that seems like a stretch)
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:58 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:55 pm I don’t think there are any promos eligible this year.
I actually think that Hajur (or was the last standalone promo card the CC made, so now ALL standalone promo are eligible (though with Surprise Party retired, I'd be a bit surprised if any others got in... MAAAAAAYBE Indebtedness, but even that seems like a stretch)
Nope, Miramanee was the last one.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:28 pm
Armus wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:58 pm
Nope, Miramanee was the last one.
Ah. Fair enough. I stand corrected.

So standalone promos will be a going concern in HoF until *at least* 2027. Probably longer unless a bunch of people decide to get cute... :shifty:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The countdown continues! 10 days from now the nomination window will be officially open!

While we're waiting, and while people are visiting family, eating lots of delicious food, drinking copious amounts of Egg Nog, and generally having a good time, let's discuss HoF!

I know there's a few cards already mentioned upthread, but what other cards are you hoping to see get retired this year? Why? What affiliations/ factions need some reining in? What decks are you eager to build and just need another gold jacket or two to be awarded to make it happen?

I know people are busy with all of the above stuff and more, but when you need a break from the festivities, feel free to jump in and discuss the upcoming class and what you'd like to see!

In the meantime, I hope everybody has a great Christmas, Hannukah, Festivus, Kwanzaa, Boxing Day, and any other holiday I may have missed!

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
In addition to the candidates from the new sets, I'll be looking at which affiliations have been particularly focused on already on the HoF ban list, and what affiliations could use some attention instead. After all, what's the point of a format that limits OP if some affiliations/factions aren't hit in a balanced way. At first glance, Dominion (even after last year) and Klingon might be two places I'm looking more closely. In particular, I'll be looking at what cards P&O/event destroy are still out there that haven't made it yet.

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]