Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

Would you play in a Return to Farpoint series?

Yes, every month!
22%
Yes, when I can.
67%
No, I’m not interested at all.
11%
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Hey everyone!

Armus’ Return to Talos IV series has got me thinking about doing the same for Return to Farpoint. I want to try to make it all the way through the current CC era, so would probably do a mix of constructed and sealed events.

If folks are interested in RtF, I’ll put up separate polls next week to gauge interest in constructed and sealed stuff. My current list of possible formats is:

OG constructed (Second Edition and Energize)
Fractured Time Sealed
Reflections Sealed
Embezzlement-era constructed (up through SNW)
Dangerous Missions Draft (One DM set with Second Edition and TBG packs)
Get your dilemma set achievements! (Traditional Constructed)
Rainbow sealed (starter + 1 pack of each Deciper-era set)
This Side of Paradise (up through the namesake set; at least 75% of personnel are female, imaginary bonuses for female pictures on your verb cards)
Lower Deckers don’t do Peak Performance (Academy constructed up through Infinite Diversity)
We’re starting to get a handle on this Virtual thing (virtual constructed through Lineage)
Total Khan-fusion (full constructed through UnSel, all decks must contain Ceti Alpha V)
IDIC Draft (just what it says, full pool)
Fantastic 50 (virtual constructed through the 50th Anniversary set)
Get the Gold Jacket (Hall of Fame constructed through Sacrifice of Angels)
Modern Virtual (virtual constructed with all sets)
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
In case you didn't see, the first event in this series is Reflections sealed, and will start January 9th.

Don't forget to vote for your desired formats for the rest of the series!

Sealed format poll

Constructed format poll

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Someone help me please, I'm so confused. :(

The card pool for the last event is just "V" cards? Does that include cards that have a "V" in their "VP" designation?

But it's not not just "V" cards, because there are authorized proxies which include all missions, all non unique personnel and all unique ships? But what are they proxying for?

Or am I overthinking it and it's just everything that appears when you select "Virtual" in the deck builder?

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
This card pool comprises only virtual cards (those bearing a “V” rarity) and authorized proxy cards. Authorized proxies are a special set of proxy cards comprising all missions, non‐unique / universal personnel, and non‐unique ships. Physical cards produced during the Decipher era from 1994 through 2007 are strictly prohibited.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
But is the pool supposed to align with the "Virtual" pool in the deck builder/search engine? It would appear that it is, because all of those "authorized proxies" show up when I filter for that pool. But so does a ton (361 to be exact) of VP cards. Or is it more restrictive? If it is, that's not obvious from the description, which looks like it's just copied and pasted from the OPG's blurb on the Virtual pool.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
abargar7510 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:35 am But is the pool supposed to align with the "Virtual" pool in the deck builder/search engine? It would appear that it is, because all of those "authorized proxies" show up when I filter for that pool. But so does a ton (361 to be exact) of VP cards. Or is it more restrictive? If it is, that's not obvious from the description, which looks like it's just copied and pasted from the OPG's blurb on the Virtual pool.
Yes, this tournament is supposed to align with the description in the OPG. You may use:
[*]Any card with a V (and only a V) in its collector number
[*]Any card listed as an authorized proxy [missions, all non-unique personnel (from ANY set) and all non-unique ships (from ANY set)]

An older version of the virtual card pool also used to include VP cards, which is probably why the deckbuilder still shows them when you filter for it. I'm guessing the filter didn't get updated when Organized Play made the change. For the record, I have no idea how long ago that change was made.

@eberlems would it be possible to update the filter on the deckbuilder to eliminate the VP cards?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:32 am
abargar7510 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:35 am But is the pool supposed to align with the "Virtual" pool in the deck builder/search engine? It would appear that it is, because all of those "authorized proxies" show up when I filter for that pool. But so does a ton (361 to be exact) of VP cards. Or is it more restrictive? If it is, that's not obvious from the description, which looks like it's just copied and pasted from the OPG's blurb on the Virtual pool.
Yes, this tournament is supposed to align with the description in the OPG. You may use:
[*]Any card with a V (and only a V) in its collector number
[*]Any card listed as an authorized proxy [missions, all non-unique personnel (from ANY set) and all non-unique ships (from ANY set)]

An older version of the virtual card pool also used to include VP cards, which is probably why the deckbuilder still shows them when you filter for it. I'm guessing the filter didn't get updated when Organized Play made the change. For the record, I have no idea how long ago that change was made.

@eberlems would it be possible to update the filter on the deckbuilder to eliminate the VP cards?
Thank you!!
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Thread necro!

I can't believe it's been over a year since I first asked if folks would be interested in playing in a Return to Farpoint series. We just wrapped up the last event last week and I have added up participation to award the Strategema promos. Here are some fun facts about the 2023 RtFP series:
  • 22 individual players participated in this run of events.
  • For the most part, the most popular events were sealed.
  • The first sealed event attracted 13 players.
  • We sanctioned all 10 tournaments, which I'm very happy with!
  • The person with the most participation points was @The Ninja Scot with 11.
  • I had the next most participation points with 10. I would have tied Michael if I had built my This Side of Paradise deck to get both deckbuilding bonuses.
  • 8 players (@abargar7510, me, @doctorjoya, @Psionic Hobo, @Professor Scott, @Winner of Borg, @Armus and @The Ninja Scot) got 5 or more participation points, netting them all three promos in the Strategema series.
  • 4 players will get two promos, as they participated in 3 events (@eberlems, @Boratus, @LORE and @Viper2525)
  • The remaining players (@Latok, @Azighal, @Danny, @monty42, @lotjx2, @OKCoyote, @Clerasil ToB, @tjark, @geraldkw and @commdecker) will receive one of the three promos.
Thanks again to everyone who played in this series. I have the Strategema trio assembled. They need a little trimming and I will be shipping them out next week.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Glad I had a chance to participate, score some swag, and get the play 10 Farpoint achievement that I'm not sure I'd have had a chance to otherwise get anytime soon.

Thanks for putting together a fun series, Maggie! :cheersL:

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Thanks for running these. I had a blast!

Since Discovery is really just The Michael Burnham[…]

So with the new version of The Final Frontier , i[…]

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]

Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]