Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
LORE wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:08 pm Stir Crazy
Christening
Transport Crash Survivor
Christening was already nominated. Got another?
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Armus wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:17 pm
LORE wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:08 pm Stir Crazy
Christening
Transport Crash Survivor
Christening was already nominated. Got another?
Timescape then. Let's bring back micro-teaming and double-teaming. :wink:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
It's taken me longer than I thought it would to come up with nominations. The cards at the top of my list (i.e., the obvious choices) have all been nominated already.

I think this is a sign that Hall of Fame is having its desired effect: when most of the "classics" have been retired, the top Nominees more and more come from the newly-eligible sets.

However, there's still a few cards out there that are worthy of a gold jacket for the career they've had and the decks they've enabled, and after much consideration, I've decided to nominate the following:

U.S.S. Enterprise-D, Diplomatic Envoy
Cosette, Reliable Raider
Continuity Drone

Here's my reasons:

Ent-D empowers too-easy 2-mission wins. Basically it's "score 5 points for doing nothing, then score 5 more points for doing nothing." Like its big brother that got Retired last year, this Enterprise has earned its gold jacket.

Cosette is the best Maquis ship in the game - so much better than its peers that it crowds them out. That's a peak candidate for a gold jacket.

I'm on board with the idea of retiring non-uniques, and the Continuity Drone has been a crutch in Borg decks since the beginning. Like Kahmis, and Davies before him, this one cost all star has had a Stellar career and deserves a place of honor alongside his colleagues in the Hall of Fame. It's not like the Borg are lacking for programming anyway, let them play Ascertain Fair and square without just interlinking it.

Thanks for reading. Hopefully you'll consider voting for all three of these worthy candidates. :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
monty42 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:57 pm @Armus Good choices. But shouldn't this be in the nominations thread...? :wink:
Yup. Sure should. Crap! :x

Hey @Global moderators ... little help please and thank you! :cheersL:

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
Preceding three posts moved from List of Retired Cards thread to here.

First: Saru Last: Burnham I think @jadziadax[…]

So with the new version of The Final Frontier , i[…]

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]

Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]