Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Happy New Year!

As promised, with the dropping of the ball, the 2023 Hall of Fame (HoF) nomination window is now open!

To recap the HoF nominating process, the formal procedures are outlined below the tag:
Hall of Fame Format Nomination and Voting Process

Introduction: The Hall of Fame Format is a community-driven Star Trek CCG Second Edition tournament format. Each year, the community nominates and votes on eligible cards to be "Retired" into the Hall of Fame. Players may not use retired cards in Hall of Fame Format tournaments.

Hall of Fame (HoF) Community Coordinator: The HoF Community Coordinator is responsible for running the nomination and voting processes, to include managing any updates to the same, announcing newly retired cards after the voting concludes, and working with the CC staff to ensure the Hall of Fame Format Documents are properly updated. As HoF is a community-driven format, the HoF Community Coordinator is a community volunteer and not a member of any CC department.

Nomination Process: During the nomination window, each community member may submit up to three (3) valid nominations of eligible cards for the Hall of Fame. Nominations must be posted publicly in the appropriate thread on the TrekCC forum, or PMd to the Community Coordinator, for posting on the member's behalf. The Community Coordinator may also accept nominations through other channels (e.g., Discord) but must post the nominations in the nomination thread with attribution for the nominations to be considered official.

Nomination Window: The Nomination Window shall run from January 1st-January 31st. The Community Coordinator is responsible for opening and closing the nomination thread and compiling the list of valid nominations for voting.

Valid Nomination: In order to be considered valid, a nominated card must be eligible for retirement, not already retired, and not already nominated in the current year by another community member. An eligible card is a card that was released on or before December 31st of the year a decade prior to being nominated (e.g., for the 2022 voting period, all cards released on or before December 31st, 2012 are eligible for nomination).

Voting Process: The Community Coordinator will provide a complete ballot of all valid nominations to the community at the start of the voting window. Each community member is eligible to vote, and in order for their ballot to be counted, must vote Yes or No on each nomination. The question to be voted on is "should this card be in the Hall of Fame?" As such, a Yes vote means the community member wants to retire the card, while a No vote means they do not want to retire the card. Community Members must submit their completed ballot to the Community Coordinator (generally, but not necessarily, via PM). At the end of the voting window, the Community Coordinator will tabulate the results and announce the new class of retired cards. In order to be retired, a card must receive at least a 65% Yes vote from all ballots received.

Voting Window: The Voting Window will open on February 1st and close on the last day of February. The Community Coordinator is responsible for opening and closing the voting thread and compiling and posting the voting results.

Post-Voting Actions: Once the results of the voting have been posted in the forum, the CC staff is responsible for updating the official Hall of Fame retired list and making the appropriate updates to the database. This should be done as soon as possible so as to facilitate upcoming Hall of Fame events.

New Class "Induction": The updated Hall of Fame list, to include the cards retired in the current year's ballot, will take effect as soon as the official list is updated, or March 15th, whichever comes first. If the official list is not updated by March 15th, the forum post announcing the results will serve as a supplement to the official list until such time as the list is updated.

However, if you just want to get right to it, here's the short version:

[SD] You can nominate up to 3 eligible cards

[SD] Eligible cards consist of any cards released on or before December 31, 2013 that aren't already in the Hall of Fame (you can find the list of retired cards here). Newly-eligible sets this year are Matter of Time and Unnatural Selection, plus all previous sets. Additionally, all promos released prior to the end of 2013 are eligible.

[SD] To make your nominations, please post them here in this thread or PM me and I'll post them here on your behalf. I will also maintain a master list of all nominations at the bottom of this post.

[SD] Once a card has been nominated there's no need for someone else to nominate it.

[SD] The Nomination Window closes January 31. Voting begins on February 1. I'll have more details when I put the voting thread up next month.

So there it is! Start thinking about what cards' times have come and get those nominations in so we can start the new year on a fun note!

Here's to a great Trek-filled 2023! :cheersL:

Nominations so far:
Elim Garak, Crafty Underling
No Peace in Our Time
Standard Punishment
Adopted Authority
Provoke Interstellar Incident
Infestation
Ja'chuq
Identity Theft
Baraka
Sphere 117, Renegade Borg Sphere
Ferenginar, Financial Hub
Lore, The One
Our Death is Glory to the Founders
Two of Nine, Transtator Drone
Confessions in the Pale Moonlight
Trellium-D
The Promise
Torga IV, Strained Negotiations
Preposterous Plan
Remata'Klan, Unit Leader
Thexor
Tozara'Kesh
Christening
Jerax
I.K.S. K'Vort
Galor
Mouth of the Wormhole, Deep Space 9
Cardassia Prime, Hardscrabble World
Qo'Nos, Heart of the Empire
Odo, Timeless
Prevent Historical Disruption
To Rule in Hell
I.K.S. Vorn, Ship of Traitors
Falsify Distress Signal
Equinox Doctor, Unethical Medical Hologram
Stir Crazy
Timescape
Alpha 5 Approach, Transport Crash Survivor
Luther Sloan, Man of Secrets
Legacy
Chang, Gorkon's Chief of Staff
Benjamin Sisko, The Emissary of the Prophets
Opaka, Kai of Bajor
Keevan, Conniving Liar
Evek, Agent of Cardassian Justice
Labor Camp
Ardent Predator
U.S.S. Enterprise-D, Diplomatic Envoy
Cosette, Reliable Raider
Continuity Drone
Dignitaries and Witnesses
B’omar Sovereignty
One Man Can Summon the Future
Getting Under Your Skin
The Caretaker's "Guests"
Last edited by Armus on Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:45 pm, edited 18 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Warrior50 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:41 am I would like to nominate these 3 cards

Infestation
The Weak will perish
and the interrupt
Ja'chuq
The Weak Will Perish isn't eligible yet. Would you like to nominate something else?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Lore, The One
Our Death is Glory to the Founders

Haven’t decided on my 3rd yet… It was going to be Standard Punishment but I was beaten to it…

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
As I have traditionally done, below are the last two years worth of cards that were nominated, but ultimately not inducted. If anyone is looking for suggestions, feel free to pull from here:

2022 Nominees:

Trellium-D
The Promise

Enrique Muñiz, Dependable Troubleshooter
Luther Sloan, Man of Secrets
I.K.S. K'Vort
Hindrance
Track Survivors
Benjamin Sisko, The Emissary of the Prophets
Opaka, Kai of Bajor
Dignitaries and Witnesses
Greater Needs
Legacy
Evek, Agent of Cardassian Justice
Equinox Doctor, Unethical Medical Hologram
Our Death Is Glory to the Founders
Chang, Gorkon's Chief of Staff
Thexor
Christening
Rule of Acquisition #239
Comfort Women
Alpha 5 Approach, Transport Crash Survivor
I.K.S. Vorn, Ship of Traitors
Inequitable Exchange
Timescape
Disadvantage Into Advantage
Advanced Battle Simulation
Falsify Distress Signal
Keevan, Conniving Liar
Galor
Infestation
Changed History
Confessions in the Pale Moonlight
No Peace in Our Time
Shady Resources
Second, Neonatal Drone
Ikat'Ika, Honorable Warrior
Ardent Predator
Sense of Obligation
Arak'Taral, Suspicious Second
Remata'Klan, Unit Leader
Haadok
Marla Gilmore, Conflicted Engineer
Rescue Captives
Tozara'Kesh
Ferenginar, Financial Hub
Unicomplex, Root of the Hive Mind

2021 Nominees:

Coordinated Counterattack
Labor Camp
No Win Situation
Stir Crazy
Reyga, Young Scientist
The New Resistance
Mining Survey
Two of Two, Adaptation Drone
D'Deridex Advanced
Recurring Injury
Cry "Havoc!"
Lore, Brother and Son
Revelry
Orfil Quinteros
Sphere 117, Renegade Borg Sphere
Athos IV, Maquis Base
Caretaker's Array
Earth, Cradle of the Federation
Earth, Lush and Beautiful Home
Qo'noS, Heart of the Empire
Romulus, Seat of Power
Last edited by Armus on Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
My third nomination is Two of Nine, Transtator Drone

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

Deck Design Strategy

I agree with @stressedoutatumc . The way I like[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]