Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through the week. Since we are over the hump, let's look at a question!

We maybe our nine promos! But at least some of them need a story and they all need a new image!

So propose a story for any and/or all of them. We want a story, image suggestion and lore. Bear in mend space constraints when making your submissions.

Remember that the story should be enough to guide us to a specific moment. A bad example of a story is 'McCoy being Incredulous.' A good example is McCoy being incredulous at Spock stating they need a common frame of reference to discuss death.

For the image, we are looking for words more than links, but feel free to sue a link to illustrate your point if you are so inclined.

Be sure to get your submissions in no later than Tuesday, January 17, 2023. Note that you have longer than a week to work on this.

You may submit a story for each card but only one per card. If you get inspired after the fact, please modify your submission accordingly.

Fair Warning: These cards will be sent to rules for a review. If a card does not pass the muster, we will sue a backup.

Ross Note: There is a tie with the runoff. I'll cast the deciding vote for B'Etor to take us to nine.

Ross note 2: To make things easier for me, please use the format below for your submissions. They must be in the same order and the cards must be in the same order provided.

Distress Call
Story:
Image:
Lore:

Intoxicating Spirits
Story:
Image:
Lore:

Military Assault Command Operations
Story:
Image:
Lore:

Prejudice and Politics
Story:
Image:
Lore:

Natural Instincts
Story:
Image:
Lore:

Supervise Dilithium Mine
Story:
Image:
Lore:

Elim Garak, Crafty Underling
Story:
Image:
Lore:

Revised Janeway, Cold Blooded Killer
Story:
Image:
Lore:

B'Etor, Romulan Conspirator
Story:
Image:
Lore:

Let me know if you have any questions, and have fun watching Star Trek and calling it 'work!'

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Distress Call
Story: The Enterprise crew onboard the Bounty (ST4: The Voyage Home) receiving the planetary distress call from the Federation.
Image: An image of the viewscreen with the garbled image of the President from the Bounty bridge.
Lore: "This is the president of the United Federation of Planets. Do not approach Earth. The transmissions of an orbiting probe are causing critical damage to this planet. It has almost totally ionized our atmosphere. All power sources have failed. All its orbiting starships are powerless. The probe is vaporizing our oceans. We cannot survive unless a way can be found to respond to the probe. Further communications may not be possible. Save your energy. Save yourselves. Avoid the planet Earth at all costs. Farewell."

Intoxicating Spirits
Story: Data serving Scotty Aldebaran Whiskey (TNG: Relics)
Image: View down the bar as Data is pouring whiskey. https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/memor ... -prefix=en
Lore: "It is... It is... It is green."

Story: MACO squad from Mirror Universe. (ENT: In a Mirror, Darkly)
Image: Something with a mirror MACO group or Mayweather talking to Archer.https://ent.trekcore.com/gallery/albums ... ly_173.jpg
Lore: "You'll accept orders from me and me alone. Is that clear?"
"Yes, sir. And Captain, if I may? I'd like to be the first to congratulate you on a brilliant strategy. I'm certain that in years to come..."
"You already have the job, Sergeant. Don't talk yourself out of it."

Prejudice and Politics
Story: Vrax confronting Valdore about the status of the drone ship mission ( ENT: The Aenar).
Image: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/memor ... -prefix=en
Lore: "This mission was supposed to cause dissension in the region. It's had the opposite effect."

Natural Instincts
Story:
Image:
Lore:

Supervise Dilithium Mine
Story: Initial flyby views of Remus from the start of ST: Nemesis
Image: Remus from space or the surface view of the mines. https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/memor ... -prefix=en https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/memor ... -prefix=en
Lore: "Senators, consider the opportunities for the Empire. At last, the destinies of the planets Romulus and Remus will be united."

Story: Mirror Garak speaking with Kira about The Intendant (DS9: Crossover)
Image: Garak in Kira's quarters.https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/memor ... -prefix=en
Lore: "Oh, she trusts you, as much as she trusts anyone. So who better to betray her?"

Story: Janeway hologram preparing to execute Kyrian captives. (VOY: Living Witness)
Image: Janeway holding up the phaser rifle. https://i0.wp.com/www.tor.com/wp-conten ... =100&ssl=1
Lore:"Don't look so shocked, ambassador. This is what you wanted, isn't it?"

Story: B'Etor speaks with Sela about the status of Romulan supplies.
Image:
Lore: "The Romulan convoy is late. We need those supplies."
Last edited by flrazor on Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Distress Call
Story: Labin sending a call to Voyager
Image: Smiling Labin (Prime Factors, VOY)
Lore: “We have no emergency.” “But you're sending out a distress call.” ”Yes, we are.” “Why?’ “Because you are in distress.”

Intoxicating Spirits
Story: Timon not being able to handle his liquor.
Image: Timon, not being able to handle his liquor (Someone to Watch Over Me, VOY)

Story: Archer wanting the best
Image: Repelling with guns (The Xindi, ENT)
Lore: “The General tell me these are the best he has. I'm going to need all the muscle I can get when we cross into the Expanse.”

Prejudice and Politics
Story: Neral trying to work with Spock
Image: Neral and Spock (Unification II, TNG)
Lore: “Our two worlds need each other.”

Natural instincts
Story: Kira needing to gain Mullibok’s trust
Image: Kira held at gunpoint
Lore: “The problem is, they don't like uniforms.” “Neither do I, but it comes with the job.”

Supervise Dilithium Mines
Story: Overview of the planet
Image: Alternate Shot (Nemesis Film)
Lore: “Due to the extreme temperatures on that half of their world, the Remans live on the dark side of the planet.”

Story: I want to live
Image: Groveling Garak
Lore: “Bow before the Regent!” “I can't think of anything I'd rather do.”

Story: Continuing to introduce herself
Image: From introduction (Living Witness, VOY)
Lore: “We risk life and limb so your people can annex Kyrian land. Sounds like a good deal for you. What do we get?”

B’Etor, Romulan Conspirator
Story: Laying out more of the plan
Image: Seducing Worf, Redemption Part II, TNG)
Lore: “The rewards could be greater than you can imagine.”

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Distress Call
Story: Grebnedlog asking for help
Image: Samaritan Snare
Lore: "We are Pakleds. Our ship is the Mondor. It is broken. We are far from home. We need help."

Intoxicating Spirits
Story: Curiously Delightful Root Beer
Image: Root Beer
Lore: There's no room for lore on this card.

Story: Will Riker, MACO (TaTV)
Image: Will Riker, MACO
Lore:"Shran's made contact. Everything's set. I'll lead you in." "Understood."

Prejudice and Politics
Story: Cretak and Koval in the Continuing Committee
Image: Cretak and Koval
Lore: "As for Senator Cretak, we all know she's an ambitious woman."

Natural Instincts
Story: Kira, Lupaza, Furel and Shakaar talking about the old days
Image: At Shakaar's house
Lore: "You never would've found your way out of there if I hadn't left that marker on that rock." "I have a fine sense of direction. I knew exactly where I was that night. Exactly."

Supervise Dilithium Mine
Story: Opening shot of Nemesis
Image: Remus
Lore: "Almost nothing is known about the Reman homeworld, although intelligence scans have proven the existence of dilithium mining and heavy weapons construction."

Story: Garak on the bridge of Regency 1 just after Mirror Kira and Mirror Ezri kiss
Image: Mirror Garak
Lore: "If the Regent wants your opinion, he'll ask for it."

Story: Revised Janeway at the head of the briefing room as Revised Chakotay and Revised Paris fight
Image: Briefing Room scene
Lore: "We've got a war to fight. We've only been attacking the Kyrian military installations. A mistake. We should target the general population."

Story: B'Etor confrtons Sela about the supplies
Image: B'Etor
Lore: "The Romulan convoy is late. We need those supplies."
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]