Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  

Let's assume my opponent begins a mission attempt. I play then
Imperial Entanglements and download the following:

Devoras
Romulan Impersonator, "Geordi La Forge"
Duras, Romulan Conspirator
(and two more..)

My opponent is then facing Unsound Logic. One personnel gets killed and then I decide to take Duras to my hand to kill a second personnel.

As someone dies I place a personnel from hand onto the Devoras using her text.

As my opponent tries to complete the mission I take Romulan Impersonator to my hand to increase the requirements.

At the end of that mission attempt, wether sucessful or not, IE instructs me to shuffle the cards downloaded into the deck.

What happens to the cards I took to my hand? (Duras and RI)
What happens to the personnel I placed onto the Devoras?

Also if downloaded the T'Met instead of the Devoras, I could not use the game text on T'Met because that time window had already passed. Correct?

Thanks
:thumbsup:

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
The answer is in the Related Rulings to Imperial Entanglements: Pending Effects

"A pending effect will not affect cards that leave play before the pending effect is resolved."
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
TyKajada wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:21 pm .

Devoras
(and two more..)

My opponent is then facing Unsound Logic. One personnel gets killed and then I decide to take Duras to my hand to kill a second personnel.

As my opponent tries to complete the mission I take Romulan Impersonator to my hand to increase the requirements.

At the end of that mission attempt, wether sucessful or not, IE instructs me to shuffle the cards downloaded into the deck.

Also if downloaded the T'Met instead of the Devoras, I could not use the game text on T'Met because that time window had already passed. Correct?

Thanks
And yes, I think T'Met should work because both Imperial Entanglements and it trigger on "When your opponent begins a mission attempt." You decide the order in which your own cards resolve their triggers, so IE goes first, resolves and now T'Met is in play and you can trigger its gametext.

They were in the same set. I have to assume they were meant to work together.

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Enabran wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:40 pm The answer is in the Related Rulings to Imperial Entanglements: Pending Effects

"A pending effect will not affect cards that leave play before the pending effect is resolved."
Alright, as far I understand this, Duras and RI would stay in my hand as they left play before the effect resolved.
However, what would happen if I were to place e.g. Duras back onto the Devoras using her text during the same attempt?

That leaves us also with the question what happens to a person placed onto the Devoras that has not been downloaded.

:cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:45 pm
TyKajada wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:21 pm .

Devoras
(and two more..)

Thanks
And yes, I think T'Met should work because both Imperial Entanglements and it trigger on "When your opponent begins a mission attempt." You decide the order in which your own cards resolve their triggers, so IE goes first, resolves and now T'Met is in play and you can trigger its gametext.

They were in the same set. I have to assume they were meant to work together.
This is correct. T'met is the go-to for this nonsense. Contrast with Trolarak and Terix, both of which miss their window if you pull them with IE (i.e., don't do it, it doesn't work)...

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
TyKajada wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:33 pm However, what would happen if I were to place e.g. Duras back onto the Devoras using her text during the same attempt?
The card has left play, at which point the pending effect no longer applies to it. It is treated the same way as any other card which was not downloaded by Imperial Entanglements. (see below)
TyKajada wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:33 pmThat leaves us also with the question what happens to a person placed onto the Devoras that has not been downloaded.
If a ship leaves play, each non-dilemma cards on or aboard that ship go to it owner's discard pile unless something specifies otherwise. Since Imperial Entanglements only specifies something else for cards it downloaded, personnel placed aboard the Devoras would go to the discard pile. In other words, Devoras isn't a great ship to combo with Imperial Entanglements.

T'Met (and later Serrola) was designed specifically to work with Imperial Entanglements. We wanted it get it to work with Trolarak and Terix as well, but couldn't work it into the already incredibly complicated card.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]