Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
What makes a thief a thief? Did he 'steal' the D from Picard? Did he just steal something too big?

To paraphrase Jean Rostand: "Steal a small thing, and you are a thief. Steal a huge thing (like a ship), and you are a Commander."

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
The template is also weak.

The Class box, which by itself looks like is cutted poorly, should slide under the Text box. Like in all other Decipher AP Templates. Now it throws a strange grey shadow on the header of the text box.

And the vertical edge between orange and black at the gold star should be a single straight line. In this template I can clearly see an edge, the transition where a cut was made whose parts were poorly fitted together.

The [SD] icons and accompanying text are way too high compared to D. card-templates.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Back by popular one demand:

[Fer] 2 •Lurin, Heartless Profiteer
[Cmd] Ferengi
•Acquisition •Geology •Officer •Programming •2 Treachery
Commander: U.S.S. Enterprise-D.

Integrity 2 Cunning 6 Strength 6

Pro: Con:
  • although this cheapness means he can now be hit by the ever popular In Development (while the other version of him couldn't).
  • The version of Lurin loses Leadership and Transporters and his natty extra counter game text...
  • but his Officer-ness means he mains susceptible to Personal Duty.
Overall:
  • Is the loss of two skills and useful game text worth the keyword? I'm not sure, and wonder whether this one will see play over the other. A 5/10.
And another thing...
  • Where's the Thief keyword? Why does he have the Commander keyword? - he never flew the ship, as he was locked out almost immediately.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:13 pm Well of course he didn't steal it. He acquired it legally in accordance to Ferengi Salvage Code laws!

I'll concede that point.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Danny wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:38 pm Overall:
  • Is the loss of two skills and useful game text worth the keyword? I'm not sure, and wonder whether this one will see play over the other. A 5/10.
You can build a whole deck around thr [Fer] Enterprise-D, and Lurin’s Programming and keyword are great in such a deck. Outside of such a deck, the original Lurin is better. I like the fact that both have a home, even if one of them is extremely niche.
Danny wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:38 pm[*]Where's the Thief keyword? Why does he have the Commander keyword? - he never flew the ship, as he was locked out almost immediately.[/list]
He’s in pretty much the same position as Kudak'Etan, having commandeered a ship they cannot control which they then lose to crew members who were have been temporarily reduced in size before gaining full control. (That comparison went further than I expected when I started that sentence.)

By Neelix (Scott Baughman)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
  Trek Masters 2E Champion 2024
Wow, those storylines really ARE a lot alike...in any event, I love having another [Fer] with Programming because the Enterprise-D is one of the coolest Ferengi affiliated ships and has been too difficult to use for far too long.

At this point, we may have to start looking at a limit on its Range bonus! And having him as the Commander is even more useful. Plus, he's finally another Acquisition personnel who can actually pass Nothing to Lose without any shenanigans.

This card may be a 5/10 overall but is a 8/10 for me personally LOL!
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]