Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
[Baj] 2 •Bareil Antos, Selfless Scapegoat
[Stf] [DS9] Bajoran
•Anthropology •Diplomacy •Honor •Leadership
Vedek.

"It is the will of the Prophets."
Integrity 8 Cunning 6 Strength 5
60 AP 13

Pro:
  • Cheap
  • Massive Integrity
Con:
  • Cheap
  • Skills, [Stf] , and even the keyword are nothing new to [DS9]
Overall:
  • This one feels "off" to me, and I can't quite put my finger on my. Maybe it's the subtitle? - there's no game text to justify or explain it. Maybe it's the [Stf] ? - why does this version have it, when no others do. I don't know. Still though, he's the eighth [DS9] character with Integrity >=8, so if you're looking to make a [DS9] Int Solver, he'll probably make the cut. 7/10.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I agree that it's the [Stf] that feels weird, at least to me. There's very little Trek-sense justification for it. That guy was useless.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Johannes Mette wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:11 am A reference to a mistake - Mona Luvsitt, Valet :shifty: ?
At least she could drive a car. I doubt Bareil could even do that!

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
abargar7510 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:57 am
Johannes Mette wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:11 am A reference to a mistake - Mona Luvsitt, Valet :shifty: ?
At least she could drive a car. I doubt Bareil could even do that!

The quote was "[she] can fly anything from a jet to a helicopter and makes an excellent martini". And being a jet pilot gets you a [Stf] , right, John Christopher? :wink:
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Danny wrote: Maybe it's the [Stf] ? - why does this version have it, when no others do.
I'm, not able to speak officially on this, but he seems to be from later in the timeline than the other versions, except the Mirror version. This isn't the political/religious figure who is working on Bajor, this is one who has become higher profile in Bajoran politics, almost becoming Kai. With the Wormhole increasing the prominence of Bajor, he has done more going back and forth to other places. We know that towards the end he was highly involved in a treaty with the Cardassians, something that would require a lot of off-world travel. one imagines he would have picked up a few things on various trips.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Faithful Reader wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:41 pm I'm, not able to speak officially on this, but he seems to be from later in the timeline than the other versions, except the Mirror version. This isn't the political/religious figure who is working on Bajor, this is one who has become higher profile in Bajoran politics, almost becoming Kai. With the Wormhole increasing the prominence of Bajor, he has done more going back and forth to other places. We know that towards the end he was highly involved in a treaty with the Cardassians, something that would require a lot of off-world travel. one imagines he would have picked up a few things on various trips.

Judging by the picture, the lore, and the subtitle, this Bariel comes from The Collaborator, which is also where Opaka's Protector comes from. I know 2E personnal are 'snapshots' of people, taken at a particular moment in time, but to gain/lose an Honor, Programming and a [Stf] (depending on your approach to the timeline) over the course of an episode seems quite a stretch.

I think I prefer Lucas' answer of 'we had to do something to make this card playable'. :wink:

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]