Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
Armus wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:50 pm The correct answer is [Car] / [TNG] Dissident Cheeseball nonsense.

Serious question: did Iliana Ghemor come up as a concern during Heroes and Demons playtesting?

Or is this the third round of broken nonsense to come out of that set?
Iliana + Romulan point gain has been on my radar for a while, and Atlanta's radar for even longer; any time dissidents are added to a pre-mission-bonus-point affiliation, Iliana's a known factor.

That said, no one picked up on the value of the Loaded for Bear re-errata, and that's a potent part of the current build - without that, Iliana + TNG is good, but still not quite as good as Iliana + Romulans. With it, they're on pretty equal footing. And, honestly, they wouldn't stand out as much if Ushaan weren't a thing, and if Inyo hadn't been nerfed. In an environment where you aren't playing multiple At What Cost?s a turn or Jaeger Bombing, Iliana's going to stand out. I personally would be fine with reining her in too.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
edgeofhearing wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:06 am
Armus wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:50 pm The correct answer is [Car] / [TNG] Dissident Cheeseball nonsense.

Serious question: did Iliana Ghemor come up as a concern during Heroes and Demons playtesting?

Or is this the third round of broken nonsense to come out of that set?
Iliana + Romulan point gain has been on my radar for a while, and Atlanta's radar for even longer; any time dissidents are added to a pre-mission-bonus-point affiliation, Iliana's a known factor.

That said, no one picked up on the value of the Loaded for Bear re-errata, and that's a potent part of the current build - without that, Iliana + TNG is good, but still not quite as good as Iliana + Romulans. With it, they're on pretty equal footing. And, honestly, they wouldn't stand out as much if Ushaan weren't a thing, and if Inyo hadn't been nerfed. In an environment where you aren't playing multiple At What Cost?s a turn or Jaeger Bombing, Iliana's going to stand out. I personally would be fine with reining her in too.
I was playing Rom/Car dissidents as far back as Worlds 2005, so I know it's been a thing for awhile. :wink:

I think my issue with the TNG variant is just how downloadable the key pieces are and how easily the engine sets up. Guinan x3, Friendship and Good Will x3, Kira x3, Sojef x3, and Allies on the Inside x3, plus Historical Research means you can easily get whatever you don't draw, spam out some bonus points and go to town. That should give you what you need to get Loaded for Bear Cheese rolling on turn 2-3 and it just gets silly from there.

Romulans have good Dissidents, but they never had it that easy on the setup.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:29 am I can tell you that she was discussed in the errata team meeting last weekend.
My word of caution is that, the more we clamp down on extra counters and free personnel via errata or rituals, the better and better kill piles become. If Iliana gets (even gently) hit with the nerf bat (which I still support), I recommend at least adding Guillotine and/or All-Consuming Evil to the watchlist.

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]