Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
[Evt] 2 Escaping Detection
To play this event, you must command three [Rom] personnel. Plays in your core. While it is not your turn, if you command more events than each of your opponents, each of your personnel aboard your Cloaking Device ship is at all missions in the same quadrant as that ship.

The bit where it reads "aboard your Cloaking Device ship" - is that ship singular? Do I have pick a Cloaking Device ship at some point?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Danny wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:36 pm
To play this event, you must command three [Rom] personnel. Plays in your core. While it is not your turn, if you command more events than each of your opponents, each of your personnel aboard your Cloaking Device ship is at all missions in the same quadrant as that ship.

The bit where it reads "aboard your Cloaking Device ship" - is that ship singular? Do I have pick a Cloaking Device ship at some point?
I've always read it as a binary state. Is person X aboard a cloaking device ship you command?

If no: Card is irrelevant.

If yes: That person is EVERYWHERE!

I don't see anything specifying a specific ship, though I can definitely see the ambiguity.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E European Continental Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:40 pm
Danny wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:36 pm

I've always read it as a binary state. Is person X aboard a cloaking device ship you command?

If no: Card is irrelevant.

If yes: That person is EVERYWHERE!

I don't see anything specifying a specific ship, though I can definitely see the ambiguity.
:thumbsup:

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Armus wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:40 pmI don't see anything specifying a specific ship, though I can definitely see the ambiguity.

It's not a specific ship thing, more a singular ship thing, as the card reads "each of your personnel aboard your Cloaking Device ship is...", rather than "each of your personnel aboard your Cloaking Device ships are".

My wondering is this: in my opponent's turn, if I have a Cloaking Device ship with personnel aboard in the [AQ] and a second CD ship with personnel in the [GQ] , are all my personnel aboard those ships at all missions in the [AQ] and [GQ] ?
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Danny wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:25 am It's not a specific ship thing, more a singular ship thing, as the card reads "each of your personnel aboard your Cloaking Device ship is...", rather than "each of your personnel aboard your Cloaking Device ships are".

My wondering is this: in my opponent's turn, if I have a Cloaking Device ship with personnel aboard in the [AQ] and a second CD ship with personnel in the [GQ] , are all my personnel aboard those ships at all missions in the [AQ] and [GQ] ?
I would answer the same way you did with the "singular" point. This card checks each personnel individually and applies their presence to any mission for which they trigger the text. A personnel can only be aboard one ship. That ship can only be in one quadrant. That personnel then can only be projected into the quadrant they currently inhabit. The personnel aboard the ship in the [AQ] are at all [AQ] missions (but not [GQ] missions). The personnel aboard the ship in the [GQ] are at all [GQ] missions (but not [AQ] missions).
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation