Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

What story should be used for Supervise DIlithium Mine?

Initial Flyby
47%
Overview
5%
Opening Shot
47%
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
It's time for the final choice(s) for Pick a Promo 2022(3?). Three people submitted stories for the cards and you'll find the explanations below and the options above. To make things a little easier for me, the poll will have identifying information but the three selections will be in the same order they are presented. If you have any questions, let me know. Have your votes in by the end of the month. As always revoting is allowed and reasoning/persuasion is encouraged. I have trimmed some entries so as to not duplicate lore on other cards. Note that Creative reserves the right to shorten the lore as necessary to fit the space.

Without further ado, here are your choices for Supervise Dilithium Mine:

1) Story: Initial flyby views of Remus from the start of ST: Nemesis
Image: Remus from space or the surface view of the mines.
Lore: "Senators, consider the opportunities for the Empire. At last, the destinies of the planets Romulus and Remus will be united."

2) Story: Overview of the planet
Image: Alternate Shot (Nemesis Film)
Lore: “Due to the extreme temperatures on that half of their world, the Remans live on the dark side of the planet.”

3) Story: Opening shot of Nemesis
Image: Remus
Lore: "Almost nothing is known about the Reman homeworld, although intelligence scans have proven the existence of dilithium mining and heavy weapons construction."

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
LORE wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:38 pm Aren't options 1 and 3 basically the same?
I think all three are basically the same as far as image is concerned, so it is basically a question of lore.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
flrazor wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:52 pm RemusTerminator.png
RemusSurface.png
The surface view of the mines is great and would be excellent for an AI of The Reman Mines but doesn't seem like a mission image to me.
I voted for the 3rd option because I think the lore fits better but regardless of the lore that is chosen I think the Remus Terminator image should be the one used.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]