Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[Evt] 4 •Provocative Levity
Maneuver. Plays in your core.
Order - Destroy this event to place an opponent's staffed non- [Voy] ship at your Nebula mission where you command a staffed ship, then begin an engagement involving your [Cmd][TOS] personnel at that mission. If you win, randomly kill two opponent's personnel involved.
"Khan! I'm laughing at the 'superior intellect.'"
Specifically, if you have a Nebula mission with a staffed ship without any [Cmd][TOS] personnel, can you still move an opponent's ship to it, albeit without beginning an engagement?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
rferries wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:28 pm
[Evt] 4 •Provocative Levity
Maneuver. Plays in your core.
Order - Destroy this event to place an opponent's staffed non- [Voy] ship at your Nebula mission where you command a staffed ship, then begin an engagement involving your [Cmd][TOS] personnel at that mission. If you win, randomly kill two opponent's personnel involved.
"Khan! I'm laughing at the 'superior intellect.'"
Specifically, if you have a Nebula mission with a staffed ship without any [Cmd][TOS] personnel, can you still move an opponent's ship to it, albeit without beginning an engagement?
I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
I've seen this used to great effect in [TNG] decks using Metreon Cloud to then battle your opponent, scoring a total of 25 pts (Metreon Cloud, CTA, Vargas, Ent-D).

Even though Provocative Levity was only there, if they used a ship with Weapons>7. If not, Alternatives to Fighting does the trick much more cost efficiently.

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:46 am I've seen this used to great effect in [TNG] decks using Metreon Cloud to then battle your opponent, scoring a total of 25 pts (Metreon Cloud, CTA, Vargas, Ent-D).

Even though Provocative Levity was only there, if they used a ship with Weapons>7. If not, Alternatives to Fighting does the trick much more cost efficiently.
By the way, where does Alternatives to Fighting go when you place your ship at a Nebula. Does the dilemma go under the mission or back to the pile? It shouldn't go onto the ship since it says "if you cannot... place on ship." And.. if you ship is placed at a Nebula you're not stopped either ?
:shifty:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
TyKajada wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:50 pm
monty42 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:46 am I've seen this used to great effect in [TNG] decks using Metreon Cloud to then battle your opponent, scoring a total of 25 pts (Metreon Cloud, CTA, Vargas, Ent-D).

By the way, where does Alternatives to Fighting go when you place your ship at a Nebula. Does the dilemma go under the mission or back to the pile? It shouldn't go onto the ship since it says "if you cannot... place on ship." And.. if you ship is placed at a Nebula you're not stopped either ?
:shifty:
Pretty sure it goes under the mission where you encountered it, as it doesn't say to do anything else.
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]