Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
[Car] 3 •Dukat, Egomaniac
[Cmd] [AU] Cardassian
•Biology •Officer •2 Security •2 Treachery
Gul.
This personnel is Cunning +1 for each captive in your brig (limit +3).
Integrity 2 Cunning 6 Strength 6
60 AP 14

Pro:
  • Biology's new for Dukat.
  • Cost 3 keeps him out of In Development's sights.
  • [AU] icon means he can work with the KCA...
Con:
  • ...although captives are worth more to the KCA dead than alive, so he might not be Cunning>6 too often.
  • With no lore and a subtitle that could readily be applied to any Dukat, the Trek sense is hard to pin down - what episode's he from? How does that translate to his 2E game text?
Overall:
  • I think, if you're playing a Cardassian Capture deck, this Dukat's worth a look - his text is similar to the Inquisitor's, and with only one captive, he outpaces Entek in the Cunning department (when there's two, they're neck and neck, and three has Entek take the lead), but as they're different folk, "why not both?". Outside of a Capture (or a KCA) deck though, and I think one of the other seven Dukat's is probably going to be picked. He's a 6.5/10.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Yeah, this is a tough one. Without cheating, I think all of the episodes where we see Dukat in an "alternative universe" are flashback/time travel type stories back to Terok Nor. So, [Pa], [AU], and [TN] are all in play - and you can only pick one on this template (deeming the [Cmd] necessary). I'm going to guess "Wrongs Darker Than Death or Night" since Kira being there makes it just as much [AU] as [Pa]. But that's just a WAG...
Danny wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:59 am
[Car] 3 •Dukat, Egomaniac
[*]With no lore and a subtitle that could readily be applied to any Dukat, the Trek sense is hard to pin down - what episode's he from? How does that translate to his 2E game text?[/list]

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
abargar7510 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:56 am Yeah, this is a tough one. Without cheating, I think all of the episodes where we see Dukat in an "alternative universe" are flashback/time travel type stories back to Terok Nor. So, [Pa], [AU], and [TN] are all in play - and you can only pick one on this template (deeming the [Cmd] necessary). I'm going to guess "Wrongs Darker Than Death or Night" since Kira being there makes it just as much [AU] as [Pa]. But that's just a WAG...

This Dukat's provenance is laid out in an article.

That's really my only bugbear with the card; it shouldn't require a line out explanation outside the game to 'work'. Had this been a non-AP, with room aplenty for game text and lore, folk would've worked it out for themselves. But as an AP, the card either needs lore or to be such an icon (Kirk, Janeway, Seven) or, conversely, a one-off (Jessel) to work.

Similarly:
Selfless Scapegoat :thumbsdown:
Colonel Worf :thumbsup:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation