Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

What is your favorite set of the fifties?

The Omega Directive
14%
All Our Yesterdays
7%
Apocalypse Rising
7%
Move Along Home
21%
Shore Leave
No votes
0%
Heroes and Demons
7%
Caretaker
21%
Classification: Civilian
7%
The Menagerie
7%
Second Skin
7%
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through the week. Since we are over the hump, let's look at a question!

With Second Skin coming out, we have our 59th set out. I am not saying the information in the collectors information box will never start with a five again but it will be a long time before it is back.

To keep us busy during that time, or at least of portion thereof, what is your favorite set from the fifties? There is a poll above and revoting is allowed. Fell free to post a list of your favorites or rank them all if you are so inclined.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I'll take The Process sets of the 40s over all of them, but the art projects did less to break the game than the "real" sets so I voted for the HQ set.

@The Prefect &co. Did some legit good work with that one.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Like Armus, I’m tempted to vote for MAH, as it gives something to everyone, something that’s good looking, and something that’s not broken. But as far as the “real” sets go - I think Caretaker was the most complete, well-balanced set of the bunch aside from one or two isolated misses. Omega Directive probably would be runner up for me.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Armus wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:39 pm I'll take The Process sets of the 40s over all of them, but the art projects did less to break the game than the "real" sets so I voted for the HQ set.

I'm bumping this because I need to reiterate it.

I know that @The Prefect have had our differences over the last few years, but I can't deny that this project turned out amazing.

I stand by my vote that this was the best set to come out of the 50s, but not only that... it is legit artwork.

I printed out the whole set on foil paper and just looking at some of these HQs makes me want to go build new decks.

So for those of you who think I have nothing good to say about this era, I'm saying it. Credit where due, this is great work! :thumbsup:
Attachments:
20230201_135538.jpg
20230201_135538.jpg (1.82 MiB) Viewed 532 times

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
One of the best 2E purchases I've made in the past year since I've been back to the game was a full set of foil HQ missions. Sooo pretty.

Armus wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:05 pm
Armus wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:39 pm I'll take The Process sets of the 40s over all of them, but the art projects did less to break the game than the "real" sets so I voted for the HQ set.

I'm bumping this because I need to reiterate it.

I know that @The Prefect have had our differences over the last few years, but I can't deny that this project turned out amazing.

I stand by my vote that this was the best set to come out of the 50s, but not only that... it is legit artwork.

I printed out the whole set on foil paper and just looking at some of these HQs makes me want to go build new decks.

So for those of you who think I have nothing good to say about this era, I'm saying it. Credit where due, this is great work! :thumbsup:

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]