Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Contender
2E  National Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Question about the timing of Ja’chuq and Calvary Raid. Based on both cards wording, if I win an engagement that doesn’t kill anyone, I can play Ja’chuq to kill someone and then have Calvary Raid trigger as there was a death due to the engagement. Am I getting this right for timing of events here?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Psionic Hobo wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:54 am Question about the timing of Ja’chuq and Calvary Raid. Based on both cards wording, if I win an engagement that doesn’t kill anyone, I can play Ja’chuq to kill someone and then have Calvary Raid trigger as there was a death due to the engagement. Am I getting this right for timing of events here?
Ja'chuq doesn't kill anyone, so... no?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Contender
2E  National Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:01 am
Psionic Hobo wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:54 am Question about the timing of Ja’chuq and Calvary Raid. Based on both cards wording, if I win an engagement that doesn’t kill anyone, I can play Ja’chuq to kill someone and then have Calvary Raid trigger as there was a death due to the engagement. Am I getting this right for timing of events here?
Ja'chuq doesn't kill anyone, so... no?
Ah crap, I knew that, focused on the wrong thing. Ignore this….#fail
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
When multiple cards you own trigger on the same thing, you get to choose the order in which you do them.

Slight exception: mandatory responses do trigger before optional ones.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
jadziadax8 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:27 am When multiple cards you own trigger on the same thing, you get to choose the order in which you do them.

Yep, this is true.

It will probably never matter but I believe in this case they are actually different triggers. Ferocity and Ja'Chuq trigger when you win an engagement and Cavalry Raid when an engagement ends. I think they are different, similar to "When you are about to complete/fail a mission/mission attempt" vs "When you complete this mission", that is one is just before the other.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Latok wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:38 am
jadziadax8 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:27 am When multiple cards you own trigger on the same thing, you get to choose the order in which you do them.

Yep, this is true.

It will probably never matter but I believe in this case they are actually different triggers. Ferocity and Ja'Chuq trigger when you win an engagement and Cavalry Raid when an engagement ends. I think they are different, similar to "When you are about to complete/fail a mission/mission attempt" vs "When you complete this mission", that is one is just before the other.
Ah, yes. I admit that I don't look close enough at Ferocity and Cavalry Raid to see their triggers are different. I think in this case, Ferocity hits before Cavalry Raid, so it's good all around.
Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]