Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
With the Nomination Window now closed, here is your 2023 Hall of Fame Ballot:
[D] Dilemmas
Adopted Authority
Ardent Predator
Dignitaries and Witnesses
Identity Theft
Infestation
Legacy
The Caretaker's "Guests"
Timescape

[Equ] Equipment
Trellium-D

[Evt] Events
Christening
Confessions in the Pale Moonlight
Getting Under Your Skin
Labor Camp
No Peace in Our Time
One Man Can Summon the Future
Stir Crazy
To Rule in Hell

[Int] Interrupts
Ja'chuq
Our Death is Glory to the Founders
Preposterous Plan
Standard Punishment
The Promise

[H] Missions
Alpha 5 Approach, Transport Crash Survivor
B’omar Sovereignty
Cardassia Prime, Hardscrabble World
Falsify Distress Signal
Ferenginar, Financial Hub
Mouth of the Wormhole, Deep Space 9
Prevent Historical Disruption
Provoke Interstellar Incident
Qo'Nos, Heart of the Empire
Torga IV, Strained Negotiations

Personnel
[Baj] Benjamin Sisko, The Emissary of the Prophets
[Baj] Opaka, Kai of Bajor
[Bor] Continuity Drone
[Bor] Two of Nine, Transtator Drone
[Car] Elim Garak, Crafty Underling
[Car] Evek, Agent of Cardassian Justice
[Car] Jerax
[Dom] Keevan, Conniving Liar
[Dom] Remata'Klan, Unit Leader
[Dom] Tozara'Kesh
[Fed] [Voy] Equinox Doctor, Unethical Medical Hologram
[Fed] [E] Luther Sloan, Man of Secrets
[Kli] Chang, Gorkon's Chief of Staff
[NA] Lore, The One
[NA] Odo, Timeless
[Rom] Thexor

Ships
[Baj] Baraka
[Bor] Sphere 117, Renegade Borg Sphere
[Car] Galor
[Fed] [Maq] Cosette, Reliable Raider
[Fed] [TNG] U.S.S. Enterprise-D, Diplomatic Envoy
[Kli] I.K.S. K'Vort
[Kli] I.K.S. Vorn, Ship of Traitors
To vote, copy/paste the above into a Private Message, put a "Y" or "N" next to each card, and send it to me here, or you can message me on Discord with your Ballot (@Armus). The question being asked of each card is "should this card be inducted into the Hall of Fame?" So if you think a given card should be retired, vote "Y" for the card. If you think the card should not be retired, vote "N." Any card receiving a 65% or more "Y" vote will be inducted into the Hall of Fame as part of the 2023 class.

All votes must be received by 11:59pm server time on February 28th, 2023.

If you have any questions, please post them here, PM me, or message me on Discord.

The annual Hall of Fame vote is a great way for the community to come together and decide the future of this grass roots tournament format. Obviously the more participation we have, the more reflective of the community consensus opinion the results will be.

I also would encourage anyone who feels strongly about a card to advocate for their position here. This thread should be considered an open dialog on the merits of all of the cards nominated.

Thank you in advance for your participation and engagement. I look forward to seeing the results! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The early rush is on again!

Since the ballot went live this morning, I've received votes from 6 different players: 3 from Europe and 3 from the US!

I think last year I got 5 on day 1, so this is an improvement!

It's obviously too early to project anything one way or the other, but given how many cards ended up just in or just out in previous years, it's very clear that EVERY vote matters!

Will we match or exceed last year's turnout of 43? Stay tuned to find out!

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Armus wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:12 pm Since the ballot went live this morning, I've received votes from 6 different players: 3 from Europe and 3 from the US!

That's cool!

Count me in for the reveal show this year, if there is gonna be one.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
monty42 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:51 pm
Armus wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:12 pm Since the ballot went live this morning, I've received votes from 6 different players: 3 from Europe and 3 from the US!

That's cool!

Count me in for the reveal show this year, if there is gonna be one.
Logistics are still being planned for that, but if it ends up happening, you're on the VIP Guest List!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
We're 10 days in so here's your first update:

I've received 9 ballots so far... 6 from the US, 3 from elsewhere.

I'm not too concerned about the pace at this point, as I know there's some HoF events coming up later in the month in Virginia and Georgia and some people want to have the current HoF experience before voting.

With only 9 ballots in though, it's still too early to project anything, so get me some more ballots and I'll be happy to provide projections at the next update.

And most importantly, thank you to everyone who has voted so far! :cheersL:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Indeed. I don't plan on voting until after Manasters.

Armus wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:32 pm We're 10 days in so here's your first update:

I've received 9 ballots so far... 6 from the US, 3 from elsewhere.

I'm not too concerned about the pace at this point, as I know there's some HoF events coming up later in the month in Virginia and Georgia and some people want to have the current HoF experience before voting.

With only 9 ballots in though, it's still too early to project anything, so get me some more ballots and I'll be happy to provide projections at the next update.

And most importantly, thank you to everyone who has voted so far! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Pre-Presidents Day/Manassters Update:

I'm up to 16 ballots in. 4 from Europe and environs, 12 from North America. Big THANK YOU to everyone who voted already.

We have enough votes where projections can start to be made. As such, at this point, I have 5 cards that have reached the "Red Zone" - having enough "No" votes that it is highly unlikely that any of those cards will be retired (I won't say which 5 cards, but based on previous voting patterns, you can probably figure it out).

No cards have reached enough "Yes" Votes where I would project them into the "Green Zone" - which takes a much higher number given the threshold to get in. However, there are a lot of cards running strong right now, including two consensus picks! Last year all consensus was lost on the 13th ballot, so the fact that there's 15 ballots in and not just one, but TWO cards with 100% yes votes is a bit surprising (and moreso when you look at what those cards are... but again, shhhh... not telling! :wink:)

So of the 55 Nominees, 50 of them are effectively still in play. But "in play" can mean a lot of things. Given where we are, we have cards that are very close to either the Red or Green zones. But as always, the best action is around the bubble... there are 18 cards that are "just in" - within 2 votes of the cut line on the right side, and another 8 cards that are "just out" - within 2 votes of the cut line on the wrong side. So in total, that's 26 cards - almost a straight majority - where your vote could put them over or keep them out, so your vote absolutely matters!!

So if there's cards you want to see get a gold jacket, or cards you DON'T want to see get a gold jacket, what are you waiting for? Get in here and vote! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Manassters Weekend Update:

Benhosp went 3-0 with Reman Suicide Squad to take down the Wrath of Manassters title!

Rob Corbett finished 2nd with a modified-for-HoF NeuDominion Lucas Deck

Phil Schrader finished 3rd with [AU] [SF]

John Corbett went a somewhat surprising 1-2 with KCA, losing to both Phil and Rob.

Other decks seen include 3HQ Dabo silliness and a Borg Assimilator, played by Preston and Adam respectively.

From what I heard good times were had by all.

Not sure how much this information will affect anyone's vote, but I'm putting it out there for your consumption.

I'll have a recap of the Georgia HoF event next week.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I think there was some confusion over whether Phil or Rob came in second. I did indeed play Borg assimilation. I got a 100-50 FW over Phil, a 65-20 ML against Ben, and John squeaked out a 100-65 last minute victory over me. My decklist is posted. Great times were indeed had!!!

Armus wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:51 am Manassters Weekend Update:

Benhosp went 3-0 with Reman Suicide Squad to take down the Wrath of Manassters title!

Rob Corbett finished 2nd with a modified-for-HoF NeuDominion Lucas Deck

Phil Schrader finished 3rd with [AU] [SF]

John Corbett went a somewhat surprising 1-2 with KCA, losing to both Phil and Rob.

Other decks seen include 3HQ Dabo silliness and a Borg Assimilator, played by Preston and Adam respectively.

From what I heard good times were had by all.

Not sure how much this information will affect anyone's vote, but I'm putting it out there for your consumption.

I'll have a recap of the Georgia HoF event next week.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Heading into the Georgia Masters Weekend we're up to 20 ballots: 16 from the States, 4 from Europe and environs. Thanks again to everyone who has cast a ballot so far! :cheersL:

We're a little below where we've historically been turnout-wise, but thinking that at least some of that is driven by the desire to hold off on voting until the relevant HoF events are in the books.

That said, as things sit right now, there are 10 cards in the "Red Zone," meaning that they are highly unlikely to get inducted.

There are still no cards in the "Green Zone," as the minimum number of votes for a Green Zone projection has not yet been reached, but there are definitely some cards that are going to get their gold jacket this year.

In fact, we had a consensus pick all the way up until the 19th ballot, when it finally got its first No vote. That's much longer than either of the last two years, where the consensus was broken on the 12th ballot in 2021 and the 13th ballot in 2022. I'm glad to see that the old saw about nerds never being able to agree on anything still holds... I don't know what I'd do if I got a statistically significant 100% vote getter! :wink:

However, there are a couple of contenders for the new overall vote% getter. Gomtuu Shockwave has held that distinction since it was inducted in the first HoF class back in 2017 with over 93% of the votes going its way. As of right now, I have not one but TWO cards currently at 95% of the vote (19/20 Yes). If that holds, there will be some new HoF GOATs taking over!

Alright, let's talk bubble. With 20 votes in the bubble is absolutely clear: 13/20 is EXACTLY 65%... it doesn't get more bubbly than that, and there are currently 5 cards that are right there, so ANY VOTE will either put them safely in OR knock them out. YOUR BALLOT MATTERS!

But not just for those five... there's another 8 cards at 14/20 (70%) and another 4 cards at 12 (60%), still within striking distance. There's also 3 cards at 15 votes (75%) who are sitting pretty for the moment, but it wouldn't take too much of a shift to send them the other way. Finally, there are 7 cards at 11 Yes Votes (55%) still in the hunt, though at this point they need some help

Add it all up, and that's 27 cards either on or near the bubble, almost half!

So heading into the last weekend the voting window will be open, there's still a lot of ways this thing could shake out. Are there cards you're eager to see get their gold jacket? Any favorites on the list you want to keep in the pool? Only one way to influence the outcome... get those ballots in!

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Armus wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:08 pm However, there are a couple of contenders for the new overall vote% getter. Gomtuu Shockwave has held that distinction since it was inducted in the first HoF class back in 2017 with over 93% of the votes going its way. As of right now, I have not one but TWO cards currently at 95% of the vote (19/20 Yes). If that holds, there will be some new HoF GOATs taking over!
Ooo, that's a fun guessing game. "What are the most hated cards from that list?"
My guess is Adopted Authority and Trellium-D.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
monty42 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:55 pm
Armus wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:08 pm However, there are a couple of contenders for the new overall vote% getter. Gomtuu Shockwave has held that distinction since it was inducted in the first HoF class back in 2017 with over 93% of the votes going its way. As of right now, I have not one but TWO cards currently at 95% of the vote (19/20 Yes). If that holds, there will be some new HoF GOATs taking over!
Ooo, that's a fun guessing game. "What are the most hated cards from that list?"
My guess is Adopted Authority and Trellium-D.
Good guesses.

But both wrong. :P

Done.

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]

Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]

1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]