Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The Results are in!

We ended up with 33 ballots this year, which means that 22 Yes votes were required to retire a card.

Of the 55 cards nominated, 12 received enough votes to be inducted.

The original plan was to post these with the release of the Reveal Show, but since that was an adventure on multiple fronts (internet connections, tornado warnings, etc.), I'll have to see what if anything can be salvaged and posted for public consumption.

In the meantime, without further ado, here are the official results:
Getting Under Your Skin 28/33 (84.85%)
Provoke Interstellar Incident 25/33 (75.76%)
Elim Garak, Crafty Underling 25/33 (75.76%)
Adopted Authority 24/33 (72.73%)
Trellium-D 24/33 (72.73%)
Two of Nine, Transtator Drone 24/33 (72.73%)
The Promise 23/33 (69.70%)
U.S.S. Enterprise-D, Diplomatic Envoy 23/33 (69.70%)
No Peace in Our Time 22/33 (66.67%)
Evek, Agent of Cardassian Justice 22/33 (66.67%)
Lore, The One 22/33 (66.67%)
Cosette, Reliable Raider 22/33 (66.67%) ______________________
Labor Camp 21/33 (63.64%)
Preposterous Plan 21/33 (63.64%)
Torga IV, Strained Negotiations 21/33 (63.64%)
Remata'Klan, Unit Leader 21/33 (63.64%)
I.K.S. Vorn, Ship of Traitors 21/33 (63.64%)
Dignitaries and Witnesses 20/33 (60.61%)
The Caretaker's "Guests" 20/33 (60.61%)
Timescape 20/33 (60.61%)
Luther Sloan, Man of Secrets 20/33 (60.61%)
Legacy 19/33 (57.58%)
Christening 19/33 (57.58%)
Stir Crazy 19/33 (57.58%)
Ja'chuq 19/33 (57.58%)
Our Death is Glory to the Founders 19/33 (57.58%)
Benjamin Sisko, The Emissary of the Prophets 19/33 (57.58%)
Opaka, Kai of Bajor 19/33 (57.58%)
Keevan, Conniving Liar 19/33 (57.58%)
Standard Punishment 18/33 (54.55%)
Equinox Doctor, Unethical Medical Hologram 18/33 (54.55%)
Alpha 5 Approach, Transport Crash Survivor 17/33 (51.52%)
Continuity Drone 17/33 (51.52%)
Tozara'Kesh 17/33 (51.52%)
Chang, Gorkon's Chief of Staff 16/33 (48.48%)
Thexor 16/33 (48.48%)
Galor 16/33 (48.48%)
Infestation 15/33 (45.45%)
One Man Can Summon the Future 15/33 (45.45%)
Jerax 15/33 (45.45%)
Baraka 15/33 (45.45%)
I.K.S. K'Vort 15/33 (45.45%)
Ardent Predator 14/33 (42.42%)
Confessions in the Pale Moonlight 14/33 (42.42%)
Identity Theft 12/33 (36.36%)
B’omar Sovereignty 12/33 (36.36%)
Falsify Distress Signal 11/33 (33.33%)
Prevent Historical Disruption 9/33 (27.27%)
Odo, Timeless 9/33 (27.27%)
Sphere 117, Renegade Borg Sphere 8/33 (24.24%)
To Rule in Hell 7/33 (21.21%)
Cardassia Prime, Hardscrabble World 5/33 (15.15%)
Ferenginar, Financial Hub 5/33 (15.15%)
Mouth of the Wormhole, Deep Space 9 4/33 (12.12%)
Qo'Nos, Heart of the Empire 4/33 (12.12%)
These additions to the retirement list are effective as soon as @eberlems works his magic to update the master list, or March 15, whichever comes first.

So there it is, the Hall of Fame Class of 2023!

What are your reactions? Happy? Sad? Angry? Was there a particular card you wanted to see in that didn't make it, or was there a card that got in that makes you sad because you can't use it anymore? Post all of your reactions below!

And once again, a big THANK YOU to everyone who voted! It's your collective voice that's getting heard here, and the fact that the only way a card gets retired is by community consensus means that this class is really reflective of the community's will, as it should be! :cheersL:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Overall I'm pleased with the results. I voted for most if not all of the cards that made the cut. My personal pet peeve card (PII) made the list, as well as 2 out of the 3 that I nominated. I'm glad that the list of inductees isn't terribly long. I remain concerned that certain affiliation/factions will have unbalanced access to verb prevention in this format.

A big shout out to Armus for running this once again!

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  

happy about NPIOT and Trellium being retired.
Not happy about too many Dominion cards not making the cut, 2of9 being banned, and Vorn still around.

Overall I guess with only 22 yes votes necessary, this is becoming more of a house rule format..

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
TyKajada wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:55 am .

Not happy about too many Dominion cards not making the cut, 2of9 being banned, and Vorn still around.

Overall I guess with only 22 yes votes necessary, this is becoming more of a house rule format..
I nominated 2 of 9 despite using him rather effectively in my Borg deck in a HoF event last month (in my first game, I blew up Phil Schrader's Watch Dog with several copies of Standard Punishment - which unfortunately did not make the cut - on it, which was particularly sweet). He can destroy an event, download a ship (usually), or cycle your deck, all for the low price of going to the bottom of your deck (where he can be retrieved by Facilitation Drone), or not even that if you download the ship. That's just too much for one card. If Tacking is banned, so should he.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
TyKajada wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:55 am .

We all have cards we wish would've gotten in, and sometimes things get in that we would've preferred still being around. That's the nature of the beast.

But I'm not sure I'd call this a "house rule" format. The retired list represents a supermajority consensus of cards that a large cross section of the community wanted retired. It's hardly an easy bar to clear.

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:23 am
We all have cards we wish would've gotten in, and sometimes things get in that we would've preferred still being around. That's the nature of the beast.

But I'm not sure I'd call this a "house rule" format. The retired list represents a supermajority consensus of cards that a large cross section of the community wanted retired. It's hardly an easy bar to clear.
I wouldn't call 22 large.. but I guess you're right. These days the community isn't as big as it was.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
So assuming this link is publicly viewable (which is dicey since I don't know how technology works), the video from last night's release show can (maybe?) be watched here.

We go over the class of 2023, get reactions, and in between we get John, Ben, and MVB having actual conversation while my computer decided to get uppity. Fair warning, if you're looking for high production value, this ain't it. If you're looking for commentary on Hall of Fame, and the State of the game in general, you've come to the right place.

Overall some high Quality Qontent, including some Bonus Quality Qorbett Qontent that the official CC channels wouldn't bring you... :wink:

Thanks to @monty42 , @KillerB , and @The Ninja Scot for joining.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
It's been brought to my attention that Labor Camp is already in the Hall of Fame.

Turns out the rumor is true. It bubbled in last year and nobody caught it during this year's nomination and voting window.

By rule, it's an ineligible card this year so the 2023 vote in invalid and the 2022 vote stands.

Labor Camp is and remains retired.

I apologize for any confusion its appearance on the ballot may have caused.

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
For those that were retired:

Happy:
Getting Under Your Skin 28/33 (84.85%)
Two of Nine, Transtator Drone 24/33 (72.73%)
Lore, The One 22/33 (66.67%)
Cosette, Reliable Raider 22/33 (66.67%)

Unhappy:
Provoke Interstellar Incident 25/33 (75.76%)
Elim Garak, Crafty Underling 25/33 (75.76%)
Adopted Authority 24/33 (72.73%)
Trellium-D 24/33 (72.73%)

-  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
I know it is most likely a “troll” thing that I do not get or understand BUT anyone nominating and/or voting to HOF a HQ home world has lost the spirit of the game! You are actually wanting to eliminate a HQ!? or a particular faction!? Do not get it. Someone will have to explain that to me. :cheersL:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Oh there's one HQ coming up soon that I will definitely be voting for.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
durgforaday wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:15 am I know it is most likely a “troll” thing that I do not get or understand BUT anyone nominating and/or voting to HOF a HQ home world has lost the spirit of the game! You are actually wanting to eliminate a HQ!? or a particular faction!? Do not get it. Someone will have to explain that to me. :cheersL:
I didn't get this either in previous years. I can see it, especially with the affiliaitions that have multiple HQ.

So if you ban the [Rom] [NA] HQ, and leave them with just the [Rom] HQ, that forces decks to be more focused, or run a second HQ.

Honestly, looking back after all this time, I think the early HQs (and probably the later ones) were an area where decipher made some big mistakes.

- personnel should never have dropped the quadrant icons from 1E. Let them be unloaded like [Pa] , but make it where you can't just report everything everywhere. This is most relevant for [NA] . I remain unconvinced that [NA] [DQ] should be able to report to any HQ, etc.

Then there's the [Maq] [TE] [KCA] . All three of those were massive failures by Decipher, looking at the short term instead of long term.

- [Maq] should be an affiliaiton. They have all the cool tricks of one, but now, as talked about in a designer chat, they cannot get any more [Baj] [Maq] because that gives them access to the [Baj] events too easily.

- Same for [TE] [KCA] . Worf, Regent of the Alliance shouldn't be able to go in any [Kli] deck. He's not [Kli] , he's [KCA] . And even worse, they didn't give him a [KCA] like the [Maq] , they gave him just [AU] . So when the CC decided to expand the [KCA] , we get Bajor, Terok Nor, which lumps ALL of [AU] together as the mirror universe, and is one of my least favorite card designs in the game from a trek-sense pov.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
boromirofborg wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:24 am - [Maq] should be an affiliaiton. They have all the cool tricks of one, but now, as talked about in a designer chat, they cannot get any more [Baj] [Maq] because that gives them access to the [Baj] events too easily.
I really really wish Decipher had made [Maq] an affiliation. In addition to what you mentioned, it would have made [Voy] much more interesting if the former Maquis, particularly those who had trouble assimilating in the early seasons, could have been [Maq] [Voy] instead of [Fed] [Voy] . Certainly the subtitle "Bridge Between Two Crews" would have made more sense if you could distinguish between the two crews in the game. I imagine by now we'd also have a [Maq] [Voy] Liberty Valjean that would allow a [Maq] [Voy] -only strategy.

Not to mention that [DS9]'s multi-affiliation strategy could have had an additional affiliation with Michael Eddington (who was designed to work with Athos IV when it allowed [Fed] Treachery) and/or Cal Hudson.

I do agree that [TE] and [KCA] would also be better as affiliations, but [Maq] is the one which really irks me.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
If the CC ever runs out of things to do, I'd be all for revisiting those factions as full affiliaitions, even if (especially if) if jus meant making affiliated versions of the existing cards and leaving the existing ones as is.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]