Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Consider:

Draw deck mill (TN Dissidents, Kraxon) vs searching my opponent's deck to remove a specific card (Far Seeing Eyes)

1. As my opponent runs out of cards, they have fewer options to play with
2. If I do targeted removal, I can remove e.g. the skills needed to pass my dilemmas

I'm trying to work out if these are complimentary or not. If FSE can remove some of the specific skills and I also take out a few more of those skills with random milling, that seems good. But on the other hand I risk wasted draws of FSE if the mill has already taken out everything that I would have removed with FSE.

I suppose a similar question would exist with dilemma mill and O!NH.

Any thoughts?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
[TN] Dissidents also require that you discard a lot of your own cards, which makes reliance on specific card combos a little more tricky. I can't tell you how many times back in the day when I was running Kotra/Tongo with [TN] Dissidents and one of those two was a card I had to discard from the top of my deck.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
abargar7510 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:11 am [TN] Dissidents also require that you discard a lot of your own cards, which makes reliance on specific card combos a little more tricky. I can't tell you how many times back in the day when I was running Kotra/Tongo with [TN] Dissidents and one of those two was a card I had to discard from the top of my deck.
Good point! Let's consider the Kraxon side of this then, as I'm interested in the more general question of whether these two mechanics are bad for each other.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Fritzinger wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:46 am
abargar7510 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:11 am [TN] Dissidents also require that you discard a lot of your own cards, which makes reliance on specific card combos a little more tricky. I can't tell you how many times back in the day when I was running Kotra/Tongo with [TN] Dissidents and one of those two was a card I had to discard from the top of my deck.
Good point! Let's consider the Kraxon side of this then, as I'm interested in the more general question of whether these two mechanics are bad for each other.
I would hypothesize that FSE-style targeted milling could be quite effective after Kraxon-style general mass milling. When you've lost a bunch of cards to your discard pile, you become increasingly desperate to get the backup cards you need to whatever engine your deck relies on/skills you need to solve your missions.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Fritzinger wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:46 am Good point! Let's consider the Kraxon side of this then, as I'm interested in the more general question of whether these two mechanics are bad for each other.
I wouldn't say they are bad for each other, but I agree with @abargar7510's assessment that they really only synergize if you do the random mill first and then start targeting whatever has become your opponent's weak spot.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
If your going for Kraxon/Dolak mill, I suppose the synergy could work when you're using FSE to pull out any cards your opponent could use to recycle cards from their discard pile.

Keep in mind though that the Kraxon trick becomes less and less effective, the longer your opponent hides at his HQ and plays down the clock.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
1E American National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
monty42 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:22 am If your going for Kraxon/Dolak mill, I suppose the synergy could work when you're using FSE to pull out any cards your opponent could use to recycle cards from their discard pile.

Keep in mind though that the Kraxon trick becomes less and less effective, the longer your opponent hides at his HQ and plays down the clock.
That's why, when you solve Sector 21396, Commandeer Prototype, you download Queen's Borg Cube and use either Render Assistance or the super-rarely used Enabran Tain, Head of the Obsidian Order to remind them that there is no escape...

Michael

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
The Ninja Scot wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:41 am That's why, when you solve Sector 21396, Commandeer Prototype, you download Queen's Borg Cube and use either Render Assistance or the super-rarely used Enabran Tain, Head of the Obsidian Order to remind them that there is no escape...

Michael
It's just beautiful watching your evil mind a work. :D

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
The Ninja Scot wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:41 am
monty42 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:22 am If your going for Kraxon/Dolak mill, I suppose the synergy could work when you're using FSE to pull out any cards your opponent could use to recycle cards from their discard pile.

That's why, when you solve Sector 21396, Commandeer Prototype, you download Queen's Borg Cube and use either Render Assistance or the super-rarely used Enabran Tain, Head of the Obsidian Order to remind them that there is no escape...

Michael
:o
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
monty42 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:46 am
The Ninja Scot wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:41 am That's why, when you solve Sector 21396, Commandeer Prototype, you download Queen's Borg Cube and use either Render Assistance or the super-rarely used Enabran Tain, Head of the Obsidian Order to remind them that there is no escape...

Michael
It's just beautiful watching your evil mind a work. :D
This. Just this.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]