Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through the week. Since we are over the hump, let's look at a question!

This week is all about the discards. The game uses the discard in several ways; both as a cost and penalty. The first set had a cycle of cards for each affiliation that let you do a variation of looting, a magic term for drawing cards and then discarding the same amount.

A less known Magic term is rummaging, which is very similar to looting but with a key difference; the discard happens before the draw. In theory you'll want to make sure that you have something to trash before you rummage, but that will not always be the case. It is riskier since you do not know what you will draw and with looting, even if you do not draw what you need, you can always just discard what you drew, not the case with rummage.

Rummage is not on the table for Second Edition, but if it were, which affiliations/factions would benefit the most form it? the least? bear in mind needs as well as mechanics for the group.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Kazon :D

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I could see the Kazon, Vidiians, or Maquis riskily throwing out resources in the scant hope of finding something better.

Maybe the Ferengi as well. I know it doesn't necessarily work with the Ferenginar is a bank Motif the currently have, but the Riskier the Road, the Greater the Profits!

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Strictly based on theme:

- Klingons and Kazon are both the impulsive, happy to take the risk mindset.
- Vidiians could as well, but themeatically if should be limited to discarding non-vidiian personnel.
- Both Maquis and Bajorans fit the idea of turning trash into resources.
- Ferengi, but if it applies to both players. (Both players discard a card. They draw 1, you draw 2.)

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Aren't those early cards actually closer to rummage than looting since you have to play the event and discard first to draw (then destroy the event)?
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation